What trail camera's you use?

ILLBowHunter

What trail camera's you use?

Postby ILLBowHunter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:00 pm

I have a Cuddeback No Flash. This is the second one I have, the first i had to send back because it stopped working. Now this second has stopped working and I am fed up with the Cuddeback's and thinking about buying a differnt brand. What kind do you guys use? Also do you have any problems with Cuddebacks or with the ones you have?

gunther89

RE: What trail camera's you use?

Postby gunther89 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm

I currently have a bushnell trophy cam and a wildview extreme 4.  I had a cuddeback capture and had to return it roughly 11 months after I got it and after a month of returning there replacement camera I burned my bridge with them and told then I was gonna use it as target practice.  Worst customer service I have ever seen.  I bought the bushnell trophy cam about a month ago and so far I love it.  The quality is great and trigger speed is great too.
Scott

pa3190

Postby pa3190 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

I have a simple, Scoutguard 550, bought from an authorized dealer (cheap copies have been available), which has great trigger speed and sensor range, tremendous battery life, only fair IR flash coverage, and takes pretty good pics. It even worked in 15 below zero weather! It has worked flawlessly for over a year. For the price, nothing beat it at the time--check out chasingame.com  for reviews.

easports

Postby easports » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 am

I have a Moultrie I40 and for a big camera it takes good picture day and night.  The down side it the placement of the SD card…it's not a good location…tough to remove especially when you're using bare hands in the freezing cold.  Again, thumbs up for dependability and quality of pictures

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 am

Another vote for the Moultrie I40 I have 4 of them & the only thing that has stopped them is a blast from a 12ga. I made a steel anti theft cage for them & since they couldn't get it off the tree they shot it! 
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:47 am

I bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam last fall. That is the best little camera I have ever owned. Great pictures, day and night, super fast trigger speed, and extremly long battery life with the double A's. I will be buying more this year. This camera will out perform or is as good as cameras much more expensive than the Bushnell.

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:01 am

Thanks for the heads up on this one.  I just read the review on chasing game.  Looks like a winner.
ORIGINAL: pa3190

I have a simple, Scoutguard 550, bought from an authorized dealer (cheap copies have been available), which has great trigger speed and sensor range, tremendous battery life, only fair IR flash coverage, and takes pretty good pics. It even worked in 15 below zero weather! It has worked flawlessly for over a year. For the price, nothing beat it at the time--check out chasingame.com  for reviews.

RedBud

Postby RedBud » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 am

I have been using wildview xtreme 2 with the flash turned off as security cameras. They work great but they have a slow trigger, so something can walk by without getting its picture taken. I bought two Bushnell Trophy Cam cameras but haven't used them in the field yet. They have a fast trigger. I tested one of them in the house but wasn't impressed with the quality of the picture. I hope they will work better in actual use. Reading what others are saying, they must be good.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:18 am

I had one of the new Cuddeback Capture IR camera and it gave me nothing but trouble,the batteries would constantly loose contact,the IR night pictures were terrible and it would only reach out about 10-15 feet at the most,I tried the update at Cuddebacks on-line Web Site and it wouldn't take so I ended up taking it back and trading it in.

I ended up getting a Moultrie I-60 camera and it has been one of the best trail camera's I've owned..I even went out a bought another one that was on sale!It has several different pic quality settings and it also takes different lengths of video's too.It uses 6-D batteries and I have been using the Energizer rechargable batterys in it.I also have a set of DuraCell batteries in one and it has been going since Jan,Feb and now into March with 70% charge still left on it.The pictures are very good and it has a quick trigger speed also,as mentioned above it has a small/tight area to get your SD card out of and it is a pretty good size camera but it works very good.My I-60 has the small viewing screen on it and its nice to see if you have any good Deer pictures on it out in the field so you can decide to pull the card and put another one in its place?

You can also view different camera reviews on trailcampros.com  

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Moultree ir40 I have a few basic moultree non ir. Is it me or is the price on the rise of the basic cameras? 2 years ago got 2 basic moultee cameras for 100 at walmart seen them at the local sports store for like 160 and not selling at walmart. Will tell you this excellent customer service.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras