What trail camera's you use?

lostmyarrow

RE: What trail camera's you use?

Postby lostmyarrow » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 pm

The following is a list of my cameras: 1) in order of preference, 2) the make and size of SD card each will accept and 3) comments.

7 each 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera: SanDisk, Kodak and Verbatim all in 2GB. (please format the card in the camera). Bushnell recommends SanDisk. A nice small compact camera with fast trigger speed. Long battery life. Two year warranty. Small viewer which isn't worth the price for the viewer. Has a weak buckle: do not over tighten.

2 each Spy Point IRB: SanDisk 2GB and Lexar up to 2GB. A large camera. Takes good pictures. One year warranty.

10 each WildView Ez Cam: SanDisk 2GB and Lexar up to 2 GB.  Takes good pictures. Works better over a bait. One year warranty. Cheaper camera to buy. Not very reliable.
WildView were my first purchase until other brands came out with video and faster trigger speed.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:16 pm

I have 3 Cuddeback captures and am thinking of getting another. I've had some since the fall of 08. Knock on wood, I've had no problems. Before these I had three other brands three of which quit working after a year. The other two I was just not happy with the pictures. One was a wildview. Another was a stealthcam. All in all, I'm very pleased with the cuddeback. When I learn how to, I'll send some pics, I have some great ones.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Learned how post pics. Here are some new ones. The buck by the fawn, got both sides of his sheds this spring.

never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:55 am

NICE NICE NICE
I really enjoy the pics everyone has posted THANKS

Charlie what do you think those deer will score? Or do you even care?

gibson2403

Postby gibson2403 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 am

I always been using the Moultrie D-40 which have been very reliable. Currently have 4 which I'm running on rechargeable 12v batt as 6 D celll get used up very quickly and cost to much to replace. Always use Low Quality Pics since type deer and time are what I need. Moultrie only 12v source is solar cell charger with internal batt, which does not work for me since cameras in heavy cover. D-40 has good trigger speed, but whiteout can be problem at times. Following web site provides a review of Moultrie D-40 Camera http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id= ... e_D40_2007. Below is camera set up which I use and photo of nice buck.

texmel

Cgull

Postby Cgull » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:08 am

I use 2 Bushnell Trophys, 2 REmington Ir Ghost and a couple of Moultries. I get goo pcis out of all, but I think the Ghost has the best battery life. I paid 59 each for the Ghost at Academy sports, not a bad camer for 59.
we should insist the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn`t an American at all

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras