do cameras do any good from may through july?

hunting GA

RE: do cameras do any good from may through july?

Postby hunting GA » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:59 am

its nice to see how your bucks are growing as well as how many fawns are following your does around

scotman

Postby scotman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am

ORIGINAL: shadow

Can you get pictures of smaller animals, squirels, rabbits, turkeys, or can these cameras only capture larger deer or bigfoot size animals??

Yea you can get shots of smaller size animals just place it close to the ground so it detects the motion. The trail camera's come with a motion detector sensor. Like the motion detector you mount on your house that attaches to a flood light. Sometimes they are the exact same motion detectors made for a motion sensor on a light if your building your own trail camera.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Yep, that's probably gonna be a good one. Keep scouting smart and you might get a predictable shot on him in the early season.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:07 am

I usually put my out in late june, early july and leave out until about mid september, I'm afraid it will get stolen once season starts.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras