What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers?????????????

Woods Walker

Re: What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Of course it's not right, legal or moral, but really.....leaving a trailcam in the woods is like leaving hundred dollar bills stapled to a tree. OF COURSE someone's going to take it! That's sadly the world we live in today. If you can't afford to lose it then don't leave it. It's that simple, because the more time it's left in the woods it's not a matter of IF it will be stolen or damaged but WHEN.

I learned that lesson with treestands years ago when I hunted from them. I started making my own hang on's because it was cheaper, and while I didn't like it when one was stolen I just chalked it up as a "cost of doing business" for my hunting.

Today, whatever goes in the woods with me comes out with me except for my footprints.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:09 pm

rthomas4 wrote:Those type of people aren't sportsmen, and they certainly aren't hunters! They are thieves! If they will steal other people's stands, and cameras, imagine what else they'll steal......including game!

I agree
No telling what they'd kill/poach etc
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Bestok

Postby Bestok » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:47 am

Sometimes you need some security measures,I just saw an article about this topic."Some tips about protect your trail cameras".I hope I can help you.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:17 am

Bestok wrote:Sometimes you need some security measures,I just saw an article about this topic."Some tips about protect your trail cameras".I hope I can help you.

Did you "find" that article on your own companies web site by any chance?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Ohio farms wrote:
Bestok wrote:Sometimes you need some security measures,I just saw an article about this topic."Some tips about protect your trail cameras".I hope I can help you.

Did you "find" that article on your own companies web site by any chance?

Good point Ohio farms, that was the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the link.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

hoosier hunter

Postby hoosier hunter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah, these tips are nice. I follow the 2nd "Only use on private land" it's a shame that this happens but Woods Walker is right if you can't stand to loose it don't even bother with them. On public land you are just asking for someone to steal it I don't even put mine near a fence or property line where other hunters may see it and be tempted to hop the fence.

My dinner is still in the woods

http://www.thehoosierhunter.com

bigtex

Postby bigtex » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:57 pm

We had two feeders, a ladder stand and a 15" tripod stolen off of land that we leased. The owner said it was likely "locals", but he didn't do anything to keep them off. That was our last year with him. Now we are having people pour stuff in our cameras, steal the batteries and even paint over the camera lens. We are pretty sure who it is but maybe one of our other ones in the area will catch them in the act. There are some pretty sorry people out there. These are the same ones that road hunt and poach from our land.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 pm

Here's a thought......

Did you ever consider that maybe the trail cam thieves work for the trail cam companies??

What way to get repeat business!!! :o
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:25 am

bigtex wrote:We had two feeders, a ladder stand and a 15" tripod stolen off of land that we leased. The owner said it was likely "locals", but he didn't do anything to keep them off. That was our last year with him. Now we are having people pour stuff in our cameras, steal the batteries and even paint over the camera lens. We are pretty sure who it is but maybe one of our other ones in the area will catch them in the act. There are some pretty sorry people out there. These are the same ones that road hunt and poach from our land.

Down here those would be the guys wearing the badges!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Post your cameras so at least one camera covers another camera. Hide the back up camera well, like a high branch aimed down to catch whoever is messing with your property. Get them on camera, then call the cops. You can press charges, or not. But you can use jail as a club to get your gear replaced at THEIR expense, and stop the abuse. If they refuse....jail them!!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras