Anyone Use a Day Camera?

MZS

Anyone Use a Day Camera?

Postby MZS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 pm

A "day" camera, made by Primos (Primos Truth DPS 'Deer Positioning System Trail and Game Camera) will take photos every 10 seconds or so throughout the day. It is not motion activated. I am thinking this would be nice for showing activity in a large area as I would see activity 100 yds away as opposed to only 25 ft away. They say it takes about 3 min or so to run through a days worth of photos. Am wondering if anyone has used this? If so, does it take decent photos near dark when light is limited? Certainly would want to know what is moving around during the legal shooting hours.

mhouck06

Re: Anyone Use a Day Camera?

Postby mhouck06 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 am

i have not used that camera, but the bushnell trophy cams now have field scan. sounds like the same concept. I have not used the field scan on any of my bushnells.. but it may be worth looking into one of the bushnell cams because they can still act as a regular camera also

motorbreaker

Re: Anyone Use a Day Camera?

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 am

MZS wrote:A "day" camera, made by Primos (Primos Truth DPS 'Deer Positioning System Trail and Game Camera) will take photos every 10 seconds or so throughout the day. It is not motion activated. I am thinking this would be nice for showing activity in a large area as I would see activity 100 yds away as opposed to only 25 ft away. They say it takes about 3 min or so to run through a days worth of photos. Am wondering if anyone has used this? If so, does it take decent photos near dark when light is limited? Certainly would want to know what is moving around during the legal shooting hours.

If you were standing next to the camera, you would be able to see longer then the camera would be able to take pictures.
i would say there good till an hour before dark depending on if its cloudy or a sunny day.
Jake

Return to Scouting Cameras