deer brats

Got good taste? Share it with our readers!
howhill1

deer brats

Postby howhill1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:55 am

anybody make they're own bratwurst? i made my own this year,the taste was great ive got a little work to do on the ratio with cutting the meat. my question is what casings are best? i used collagen this time and when i twisted them as we stuffed em they wanted to un twist. would hog or sheep casings work better? is there a trick to keeping the ends twisted? any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

epapineau

RE: deer brats

Postby epapineau » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:07 pm

we have always use natural sheep casings. Just make sure you rince them inside and out pefore you use them. They are preserved in salt water. When twisting, we just pinch and twist. It helps to keep them from untwisting by alternating which direction you twist them in. That way when your twisting the next one, you are actually adding twists to the one before.

howhill1

RE: deer brats

Postby howhill1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 am

thanks. i will try the twisting different directions and most likely try nat casings with the next bacth.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Return to Recipes