Wild Turkey Tortilla Soup

Got good taste? Share it with our readers!
Legnip

Wild Turkey Tortilla Soup

Postby Legnip » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Here is a nice crock pot soup for the cold winter months.

1 box chicken stock (8 cups)
1 family size cream of chicken soup
2 cans Ro-tel (mild or hot) - I like the mild.
2 cans sweet corn
1 cup rice (optional) - add for a thick soup. I prefer it without.
2 or 3 lbs of sliced wild turkey (hold the shot)

Sour cream
chives
Tortilla Chips

Step #1) Drain the corn.
Step #2) Place all of the ingredient in the crock pot, except for the sour cream and chives.
Step #3) Cook on low heat for until the meat become tender.

Serve in a bowl with a scoop of sour cream in the middle, chopped chives sprinkled on top, and tortilla chips on the side.

Enjoy
From those who much is given, much is expected

Legnip

RE: Wild Turkey Tortilla Soup

Postby Legnip » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Other optional items to add while cooking.

1/4 - 1/2 block of Velvetta cheese.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:58 am

A great recipe, we use a recipe very similar to this in our camp, except we use pace salsa instead of Rotel, is that the same thing?  And definetely some mild cheeses.  The only major difference is we use our gamebirds that we get during small game season (partridge, woodcock, pheasant) instead of turkey, but it will be the same premise and I will try it with turkey meat some time.  This is so good I think about coming in early just to get some after a morning hunt and that is all I can think about while in the post on those wintery cold snowy days during gun season.  Makes my mouth water now just thinking of it!
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks for the recipe legnip. I made it last week and it was awesome. The whole family really enjoyed it. I love recipes that I can put together before I leave for work and enjoy when we get home!

Return to Recipes