Skillet Backstrap

Got good taste? Share it with our readers!
deerhunter713

Skillet Backstrap

Postby deerhunter713 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:41 am

Slice the backstrap thin.  Almost as thin as you can.  Take a frying pan and depending on the size of the frying pan, you'll need at least 1 stick of butter...maybe 2.  Melt the butter over medium, medium high heat but don't make it too hot or you'll burn the butter.  You'll need a jar of Vlasic pepper rings and a container of dry chopped onions.  Throw 6-10 pepper rings in the butter, sprinkle in about 2 tablespoons of the dried onions, and 2 or 3 tablespoons of the pepper ring vinegar juice from the jar.  Start laying pieces of the backstrap on top of all this butter/pepper/onion mixture.  Cook it on medium or medium low heat...you don't want to cook this too fast.  When the meat starts looking cooked (a little blood juices sweating on the top of the meat), flip all the pieces over and finish them.  Depending on how much meat you're cooking, you may need to add more peppers and onions to the pan if you're cooking more than 2 or 3 pans.  You shouldn't need to add any more butter as long as you started with an adequate amount to begin with.  DO NOT OVERCOOK THIS MEAT.  It will get tough if you overcook it or cook it too fast.  Slow cook it, and cook it until it is just done.  ENJOY!

hunter480

RE: Skillet Backstrap

Postby hunter480 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 am

Sounds out of this world.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 am

Sound very very good. Anything cooked with real butter, pepper and onions.... Mmmmmm[:)]
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh yeah, that is some good stuff.  Everyone I've had try this loves it.  Some even thinly slice beef and cook it like this.  Give it a try, the key is not overcooking it and not cooking it too fast.

Return to Recipes