easton alum. arrows

jonny5buck

easton alum. arrows

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:28 pm

i shoot the old-xx75-camo hunter 2314 arrows.I was wondering if they can b straightened? i have a few that are bent. i don't want to toss them if they can b fixed.do any pro-shops still do that,or is not worth doing ? anyone got any advice either way on this would b appreciated. thanks 5buck--------[:)]

Highlander Archery

RE: easton alum. arrows

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 am

Yes they can be straightened. First you will need an arrow straightener, you can find them at Cabelas or BPS. Second, if there is a crease you will NOT be able to recover that arrow, it will be dangerous to shoot since the wall has been compromised.

Instructions should be included with the straightener.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:16 pm

[b] :lol:
Last edited by jonny5buck on Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm

You are most welcome. Another bit of advise, if you have to straighten more than once discard the arrows as the spine has been or will be compromised and could lead to injury.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:41 am

hey,just wondering,i heard that they might b trying to phase out aluminum arrows completely! you know if there is any truth to that??i have shot both ,but alum. seem to fly better off my bow.Hope its just talk,but have noticed it getting harder and harder to get my arrows.AT gander mtn. they tried to get me to switch to carbon, they offered nothing in my arrows,i was shocked.I dont like to change whats already working fine.G mtn. was who told me there gonna start phasing out alum.--if its true--thats a SHAME!--5BUCK

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:42 am

ORIGINAL: jonny5buck

[size="2"]hey,just wondering,i heard that they might b trying to phase out aluminum arrows completely! you know if there is any truth to that??i have shot both ,but alum. seem to fly better off my bow.Hope its just talk,but have noticed it getting harder and harder to get my arrows.AT gander mtn. they tried to get me to switch to carbon, they offered nothing in my arrows,i was shocked.I dont like to change whats already working fine.G mtn. was who told me there gonna start phasing out alum.--if its true--thats a SHAME!--5BUCK[/size]

Phasing out? I haven't heard anything. I would imagine that Gander Mountain is simply phasing out Aluminum due to lack of sales. Carbon is in line with aluminum at price point now so they tend to dominate sales.

Return to Arrows