Review of Vital Information

Vital Information is an educational resource from Deer & Deer Hunting. The CD contains hunting wisdom about shot placement, biology, physiology and ethics. How has it helped your hunt?
Sailfish

RE: Review of Vital Information

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:55 am

Loved the info.
Since I have the worst memory ever, I can appreciate the best of the best type articles on the CD. Much easier for me to reference as well. Great info for sure.

I do have go with ranwin on the interactive portion and the video portion.
The interactive portion was rudimentary, as well as the graphics on it.
I couldn't really "see" the vitals. if they stood out better(different colors and larger), pics were bigger, and you could rotate up and down as well as just around in a circle, it could give a better representation of how the organs lie and the user somewhat clearer picture

I would have liked the option to play the video's back to back without having to click on each one (maybe that was possible I just couldn't figure it out)

For sure though this will not gather dust and will be used (assuming any of my friends don't keep it) .

Thanks DDH
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 am

This was my experience also. 

ORIGINAL: eagle eye

This CD is a must for any hunter from first timer to seasoned veteran. I have a great assortment of video, interactive animation, pictures and information ranging from anatomical issues, the physiology or the whitetail and practical in the field knowledge. The scientific information will broaden your knowledge about the animal we all love so much and the field information is something we can use prior to and after the shot. I have used this on many occasions already to educate new hunters and clarify misconceptions.
Again this is a must for all hunters.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 am

Wow, some mixed reviews here. Some people say it's great and others don't like it at all. I guess I'll wait a little while and read some more reviews as they come in. So far the positive reviews do out number the negative reviews. I wonder if the 3D graphics and whether people like them have anything to do with the quality of video card in each persons computer?

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:32 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Wow, some mixed reviews here. Some people say it's great and others don't like it at all. I guess I'll wait a little while and read some more reviews as they come in. So far the positive reviews do out number the negative reviews. I wonder if the 3D graphics and whether people like them have anything to do with the quality of video card in each persons computer?

I wondered about the video card as well - but when ran it on my desktop which has a very good graphics card in it, I still was not impressed.  And I can run a monitor at 1920x1200.  It's just not a very well done graphic.  The original may have been of decent quality, but what looks like happened is when they increased the size of the original they merely expanded the pixels.  It's like they used raster graphics as opposed to vector graphics for the image.

What I'd really like to see with version 2.0 would be a more refined graphic, and one that allows interaction with an arrow - something where I might be able to click on the graphic and then a "movie" of an arrow traveling through the vitals at that spot is run showing what was and was not damaged.  Well maybe version 3.0.  [:)]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Previous

Return to Vital Information