Shades?

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
ishman

Shades?

Postby ishman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Has anyone ever tried wearing different types of sunglasses while shed hunting? I was wondering if maybe an amber colored pair or a lightly tinted pair would help the horns stick out. I have in my experience noticed that cloudy rainy days the horns just seem to glow. Today i tried out a pair of 3D glasses with some horns laying in the yard. Dont laugh, I honestly did try this. Unless you dont want to find any horns and feel like puking your guts out, this is not an option. So any ideas?
Eric

buckdown

RE: Shades?

Postby buckdown » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 pm

i find most of my sheds either mid morning or in the evening, weird! the sheds just seem to stick out better during those hours. i found one today around 430pm in a group of pines, if you have any suggestions on more places to look i would love to hear them, ive been out twice and found two sheds. one small 4pt and today a very nice think mass assuming to be an 8pt. that buck will be on my radar next archery season thats for sure.

buckdown

RE: Shades?

Postby buckdown » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 pm

by the way i am from western Pa also, goodluck on finding sheds.

Joe

Return to Shed Hunting