Where to look ?

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
MSHunter

RE: Where to look ?

Postby MSHunter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:22 pm

ORIGINAL: Jslotter
Snow is still very deep in my area. Anyone else sick of the snow?

You can send some snow my way. It won't be much longer and we'll be pushing triple digit temps in the South.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

tex3012

Postby tex3012 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:24 am

i spent the past three weekends out looking for sheds.. maybe 15-17 hours.. no sheds. but i have found lots of turkey, quite a few deer, 1 fox, 2 carbon arrows, 4 dead deer, 2 were spike bucks, 1 squnk (could of been a bad day), 4 owl pellets, and 1 great trout fishing stream.. all on public land i have never been on before..

buckdown

Postby buckdown » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Goin out today to start shed hunting any suggestions? the place is on public ground but i know for a fact no one hunts for sheds there.

buckdown

Postby buckdown » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Well, update on my shed hunting today, i covered a lot of ground, followed creeks, hillsides and good deer trails, my last stop were in a group of pines where i knew the deer were coming from during archery season. i found a shed, thick mass a good 4 year old i am guessing it would have been a good 8pt one to hang on the wall that's for sure. Good-luck to all of you who are out looking for sheds!!!

Previous

Return to Shed Hunting