Management

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
vambo991

RE: Management

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Goodness! those are horrible stories. I guess I don't have it quite that bad. Fasteddie is right, if it's on your property you can absolutely take it down (treestands, cameras), but I would immediately report it to the local Law to cover your butt.

Mhouck, your neighbors are bullies, man! They simply would not be setting foot on my property... or else?

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

When you catch them tresspassing, and you will, hold them there until the police come to arrest them. They won't be back again after that, or will be facing some jail time. In IL, I think it's a felony to tresspass to poach deer, that means they lose the right to thier gun hunting.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

gard73

Postby gard73 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:39 pm

I totally agree with Shadow. I might go as far as hooking a chain up to the tree stands they hang and remove them that way and leave them at the base of the tree. They don't care about your property why care about theres that's on yours. Also try to keep a sancuary like mentioned above set aside 20 or so acres that you do not go into except to put some food plots in or some cover. That might help keep the deer from jumping the fence to an unrespected death.

Previous

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management