Most comfortable Deer stand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
boxcallkid

RE: Most comfortable Deer stand

Postby boxcallkid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:30 am

I studied there pictures you provided above a little more closely, and I think I see a strap but I'm not really sure? They must have folded them up for the pictures so they appear a little less cluttered I guess. But you could see how I was misguided at first glance.
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:24 am

FFKEVIN,
I also have a Treewalker ProMag climber. I have not used a whole bunch of different climbers, but I like the Treewalker so much that I guess I'll never have to try any others. The guys at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Birmingham were great to deal with too. They are made 100% in the U.S. (east Tennessee) They do not belong to TMA but their stands are capable of passing all of TMA's tests.

metrx

Postby metrx » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:46 am

As far as portable climbing stands, I like the Summit Viper.  Lightweight, easy to pack in and carry, quick, quiet set up and comfortable for an all day sit.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 am

This TREEWALKER stand look's pretty good, But I can already see where they were looking at the TREELOUNGE for their idea's. This stand is in no way as safe as a TREELOUNGE but that's just my opinion. Them cable strap's to me would be more likely to slip on wet bark and so on. However I'm sure it is lighter than the TREELOUNGE but I think for all around safety and comfort you will not beat the TREELOUNGE, I own 2 of them and have had one of them for 16 year's. TREELOUNGE is making several different stand's now some of them are like this TREEWALKER, But as I stated earlier you can't beat the origanal BOWHUNTER SPECIAL by TREELOUNGE.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 am

I own a summit viper and I love it!  I will own a summit as long as I hunt.  I'm 6' 6" and the viper is actually a bit snug for me.  After I bought the viper they came out with the Titan and the Goliath.  Some day I will buy the Goliath because of the extra room but until than it is extremely comfy!

osceolaslayer

Postby osceolaslayer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 am

Climber, equlalizer w/ sling seat. Sit all day.

Fixed, millenium, no doubt indeed.

IMHO
OSCEOLA SLAYER
DEERFEAR.COM

Proline

Postby Proline » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

Are you using the sling seat from Equalizer or or another brand.  My son has an Equalizer sling seat (few years old) and the material is noisey. When you nest it do you mess with the stand at all to make it nest?  I want to get a sling seat for mine but not sure what one. Using an API I retro fitted at the moment. 

Goose 11

Postby Goose 11 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:07 am

Summit, I have the Viper and a Goliath, I love them both and feel very safe.  I've used many stands and the Summit is my favorite, and it's made in North Alabama.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:20 pm

cant go wrong with Summitt. I have the open front and it's a dream. Lightweight and easy to pack in. Snugs up to even the hardest bark.

worpion

Postby worpion » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I Live to Bowhunt

Previous

Return to Tree Stands