Lone Wolf or Summit Self Climbers

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
bo33111

Lone Wolf or Summit Self Climbers

Postby bo33111 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Wanted to ask you guys with some experience using Lone Wolf or Summit climbers what your thoughts are and why. I would like to have the bigger platform (not sure which one has that), also being comfortable while sitting in it for long periods is important as well as keeping it simple when using to climb in the woods.

Thanks in advance
Bo

mhouck06

Re: Lone Wolf or Summit Self Climbers

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:25 am

bo33111 wrote:Wanted to ask you guys with some experience using Lone Wolf or Summit climbers what your thoughts are and why. I would like to have the bigger platform (not sure which one has that), also being comfortable while sitting in it for long periods is important as well as keeping it simple when using to climb in the woods.

Thanks in advance
Bo

If you are looking to sit long periods of time/all day hunts, I would go with the summits.. They are a little big to carry in the woods imo but you will be happy you did once you get up in the tree. Adjustments are nice and they are sturdy stands.

bo33111

Postby bo33111 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 am

Thanks mhouck06,
Yes, being comfortable is huge for me since I will be in the stand for hours and hours at a time. I did look at the platform size between the 2 units and there's not much different. I have to say just by looking at the 2 units online, Lone Wolf looks like might be the better, lighter more comfortable unit, but from reading some of the reports Summit is prefered. I haven't seen any reports on Lone Wolf units so if there's anyone else out there with comments please feel free to join in on the discussion I really would like to hear all thoughts.
Thanks again

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 am

The lone wolf stands def pack nicer.. Not sure about how comfortable they are.. They would probably work well. Ive only sat in one for a couple minutes.. The only thing I will say is watch the video on how to set up and climb with the lone wolf stands. That is what really pushed me in the direction of the summit. Once you get to the tree with the summit, all you have to do is take if off your back.. put the cables around the tree and its on. There is a couple more steps to the lone wolf that I didnt want to mess with.

bo33111

Postby bo33111 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks, I'll definitly take another look at the video on the Lone Wolf units, sure wish a couple more guys would add their thoughts

bo33111

Postby bo33111 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I've done some more research and made my decision at this point its gonna be the Summit Titan SD Self Climber. The reviews on this stand were good and I like the larger platform and seat. I know I'll pick up more weight but I'm willing to make that trade.
I still would like to hear from you Lone Wolf guys if your out where.
Thanks for all your help

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I use a lone wolf climber. Lone Wolfs are very light weight, silent, and easy to set up. I believe they have modified their seat cushions for better comfort for all day sits. Worth it if you walk a long ways to an area, or if you have to climb hills. The light weight appealed to me the most when I bought one.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Return to Tree Stands