Big Man +1 ( Child ) Stands?! Ideas?! Brands?!

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Nordic_Wookie

Big Man +1 ( Child ) Stands?! Ideas?! Brands?!

Postby Nordic_Wookie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:38 pm

I've got a buddies birthday coming up. He's 6' 6" and right around the 300 lb range. I want to get him a new stand. He would like to be able to bring up his Nieces, or young adults up with him at times as well. I know that he's always been a bit interested in safety of course. Now, I'm not a bow hunter because I stick to the ducks, but I would love any help, tips or references I could get pertaining to a stand that would fit these inquiry's

This is what I know he's said about it, so hopefully you guys can help me a bit?! and THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

Height wise I think he wants a 16-18 footer and he has said a 22' is too high. He has been right around 300 lbs lately, but with a kiddo I was leaning towards a 400-500 lb ?!

Thanks again everyone.

P.S. I've looked into the Tree Walk Stands and one other called 180 Max?

Feel free to email me at mikey_lund@yahoo.com or here again!

Nordic_Wookie

Re: Big Man +1 ( Child ) Stands?! Ideas?! Brands?!

Postby Nordic_Wookie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:41 pm

IF this helps at all..
He has been talking about getting a wider one so the kiddos could sit with him sometime and he wants a backrest and a rifle rest. He wants a rifle rest that pulls down over his head as well I believe.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm

You might try something like this: http://www.treestandsandmore.com/biggam ... adderstand

these are made for two people, and up to #500. they are made by many companies, so check them all. most have some version of a buddy stand. They also make stand alone tripod stands. (no tree required) good luck.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

mark swimme

Postby mark swimme » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm

You might take a look at www.insulatedhuntingblinds.com , there stands are very strong and would work . They are worth every penny also . Has anyone else tried them ?
Hope this helps

Return to Tree Stands