what treestand to buy

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Detman64

what treestand to buy

Postby Detman64 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Hello,
I am new to this site and hope it is as good as it looks.
I have a question about two brands of tree stands and what one you all would recommend between the two. I can't seem to make my mind up between the two and would like any input from others that have used both or one of them.
I will be rifle hunting on public land so I will be carrying in my stand on my back most of the time. I am looking for a light weight well made stand with arm rest preferably to prevent me from falling out sideways as easy and a comfortable stand as well with a large platform and a foot rest.
The two stands I am thinking of purchasing is.

1) The ol"man aluminum pro roost stand. It had arm rest and a foot rest and weighs 15 lbs. Not sure about the net seat but it has great reviews.

2) The Millennium Treestands M100 Lock-On Hang-On Tree stand. It does not have arm rest, has a strap on it that goes from the back to the front of the seat the is angled. It does not have a foot rest which I like for not only a foot rest but something that would prevent you from stepping off the front of the stand. I think you can buy a foot rest as an accessory for this stand. It is 1 pound lighter at 14 lbs. It has a a receiver that attaches to tree that you can buy extras of and then you attach that to the tree and then the stand to the receiver. I like the ease of hanging this allows.

I am at a toss up between the two stands. The reviews I read on both are good on both. The price is about the same. So what I am asking is for some opinions or input on the two stand that might help me decide which one to purchase.
THANKS

Ohio farms

Re: what treestand to buy

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 am

There are many many quality stand out there. One of the most important component is a safety vest along with a safeline that keeps you attached as you climb in and out of your stand. Most falls occur as you ascend or descent. Think safety first, then comfort.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Detman64

Postby Detman64 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank you for for your reply. I am aware of using a safety harness and have all ready purchased one. And Yes safety is my main concern and always is, thats why I was asking my questions I want a safe comfortable stand that is light weight
Thanks

sethec

Postby sethec » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 am

I recently went through several stands trying to find the best one for my needs. I was specifically looking for a climbing tree stand. I spent time purchasing a couple and returning them before finally decided to do some extensive research to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I settled on the Viper SD from Summit and it's perfect. I wrote up a full in depth review on my site if you're interested.

I focused on these five things as what was important to me:

-Ease of Use
-Comfort
-Portability
-Noise
-Safety

Recommended Climbing Tree Stand

Return to Tree Stands