tree saddles

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Bowtechian

RE: tree saddles

Postby Bowtechian » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:57 pm

I have been thinking about getting a saddle, but I'm one of the guys that will stay in my stand all day if I have to. It's hard to believe you wouldn't have your legs going to sleep, or have your feet ache from standing on a tree step all day. Ten to twelve hours is a long time. I do like the idea of being able shoot from all sides of the tree. A question would be, can the saddle strap get in the way of your bow string?

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:11 am

Bowtech, yeah I had a heard time beliving it as well, but I went online and saw the video and what they show are two postions, one where you are in a chair position so that your straddeling the tree trunk and another where yur knees are resting up against it..for the latter you would need knee pads...but again I will test their theory, as well as if the strap gets in the way of the bowstring and let you know for sure!

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:57 am

hi guys again i live in Ont canada and hunt about 3 days a week and i love the saddle it is the real deal and it works amazing. we killed some smoken bucks, This year using it and no more stands for me that for sure thanks rob and if you want pic's let me know thanks again and merry xmas.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 am

Hey turkey guy, thanks for the feedback...I'm still waiting to receive mine, should be any day now...but I'm totally fired up about it!!!  Would love to see some pics, but would also like to hear any tips and tricks you got for employing it..i.e. how do you setup your stand (hang your bow, backpack, etc)...do you use tree steps or a strap on ladder...after using it as much as you had it would be interesting to hear all the "little" tips and tricks that make using it and getting up it easier.  Thanks!

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:53 am

John Eberhart swears by them. 

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:22 am

Yeap and if you read the book "Precision bowhunting"  which details his hunts in all kinds of pressure he goes into extensive dialogue about the saddle.  Its a great book outside of his thougts on the saddle and really provides a detailed map/calander..month by month of how to prepare for your bowhunt,a nd how to bowhunt for the greatest chances of success in highly pressured areas.

All I know is to be successful you have to hunt the wind..and to do that you need multiple locations...and to do that you need multiple stand setups and you need to eb able to get to your stands on the fly..and QUIETLY...can't really do that with a climber and setting up hang-on stands gets expensive and takes time...with the saddle its just a matter of getting up the tree and hooking in

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:26 am

I have Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails. 

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:56 am

OK..finally got it in, so over the next week I should have some more feedback for all!!!

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 pm

here are a couple of tips one get a 20 foot dog leash and use that to get your bow up and down the tree. Two shoot a couple of times at home in the saddle. But after that, just use it you get better and better in it each time. i love the thing here are a couple of the bucks from this year.and there all saddle i use sqrew in steps 20 in total 16 up and 4 around.
 the second pic the buck died in the river and i had to get him out and i was really wet and sweating hard.

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:17 pm

try

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands