Scary.....

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
danesdad

RE: Scary.....

Postby danesdad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 am

ORIGINAL: stumpsitter66

Wow that is scary. Has anyone had similar problems with birch trees? I have hunted out of some of them near riverbanks and always wondered if they too would tip over like that. Mostly white birch trees.

Stump

I dont think I've ever seen a white birch in my area that was big enough to climb. Around here, the white birches tend to have multiple small trunks, rather than a single big one. I dont know why this would be.

GTOHunter

RE: Scary.....

Postby GTOHunter » Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 pm

We had very high winds on May 8th and a big storm that up-rooted some of the very biggest tree's on our Farm,the ground was saturated with all the rain we've been getting all Spring and the high winds seemed to hit the larger tree's with the most leaves on them and simply blew them over or snapped the upper half of the tree's.They called it an In-Land Hurricane but I have never seen so much damage to this many tree's in my life.Luckily when we went out that evening to check the woods none of the 3 ladder stands I had hung up were damaged.We drove the tractor around the farm today and I pulled 2 of my ladder stands and a climbing stand to bring back to the house to clean up and do some maintenace on it and the Brother In-law pulled 2 hang-on ladders he had strapped to tree's and he pulled his 1 new large hang-on stand that had a very large tree with the top broke out of it about 20 yards in front of his stand that just missed falling on it,luckily it blew away from his stand and got hung up on another tree in front of it.We'll be busy for a long time cleaning up downed tree in our woods and I'll have to be careful and inspect any future tree's I intend on putting a stand onto. [:(]   

Previous

Return to Tree Stands