help with lock on

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
whubbard

RE: help with lock on

Postby whubbard » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:38 am

20' ?   Egad's man.  I'd be scared to death to stand up.  Much less pull back my bow string.  Seriously though, I do have friends that hunt that high or higher.  I hunt at the most 15' off the ground.  Most of the time only about 12'.  I've found if you watch your scent and the wind you don't have to get that high.  Just a personel preference I guess though.
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

passin through

Postby passin through » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Rope and pulley works great...we've used that "rope ratchet" thing as well as a small block and tackle that came with a feeder barrel.  If you are going to go it alone....make sure somebody knows where you are and be pretty specific about when you will be out and calling them to give the all clear.  The 15 yr old kid that won the youth division in the Simmons Big Buck contest two years ago died last year doing the same kind of thing with no help.  So Be Careful!!!

dukeriley

Postby dukeriley » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:16 am

I also use a chain on from time to time. Instead of a linesman belt I use a rock climbing harness.witch allows me to sit as I am tied to the tree from a rope that attaches to my harness.It is a real safe way to go

Previous

Return to Tree Stands