rocky vs hss

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
bckklr

rocky vs hss

Postby bckklr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 am

anybody know of any negatives about the safety harness vest that rocky produces they have them in sprtsmn wharehouse for like 30$ THATS PRETTY CHEAP COMPARED TO HSS & it has an orange overlay that snaps to it for gun season so i recon unless one of yall fine outstanding americans can tell me some negs about it i will own one in the near future
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

JOEL

RE: rocky vs hss

Postby JOEL » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 pm

never heard of it but i figure a safety harness is  like a parachute or brain surgery,not  things to be cheap about
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:57 pm

havent heard of it or seen it before. got a link so i could take a look at it? I was thinking of just buying one of those hunter safety systems this year. lotta money for them but if it saves my life its worth every penny. they also have some pockets for gear to!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 pm

I really like the HSS harness - the pockets are great, but more importantly it is the easiest harness I've ever used, takes all of 20 seconds to put on.

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 pm

The HSS vest also has a nice deer drag with it for hands free use to carry whatever else you have.  Check out the sales flier from www.sportsmansden.com.  (The one from Shelby, Ohio if more than one comes up).  They are on sale thru the 30th.  Good luck all.  Pan

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:43 am

One question for the people that bought HSS vest. I'm planning on up-grading to the vest from the one that came with my stand. I'm not sure which model to buy. The pro vest looks nice but I've read the it gets snaged on everything??? I also like the reverseable model for both bow and gun.

Which vest do you recomend?

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:00 am

My wife is buying me one for christmas.  i looked at both the pro and the standard reversable.  I liked two things about the standard that pushed me over the edge.  First, it's a little heavier and where i hunt it is colder more than warmer so it basically gives me another layer for the wind.  second, it is reversable so i don't have to wear orange on top of it.  third, it's about $30 cheaper than the pro model!  so i guess three reasons.

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 am

I just got the pro one and love it. The pockets are convenient and I have no complaints.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:08 am

ORIGINAL: mag30079

One question for the people that bought HSS vest. I'm planning on up-grading to the vest from the one that came with my stand. I'm not sure which model to buy. The pro vest looks nice but I've read the it gets snaged on everything??? I also like the reverseable model for both bow and gun.

Which vest do you recomend?
   I have the 'pro' model, I wouldnt say it gets snaged on everything. Although, I did have one incident with the clip on by pack (It has a 'chest strap') getting snaged in it. That was the only time I've had any problems with"snags". I can see where it could be an issue though.

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:10 am

The one big advantage(to me anyway), is that the mesh lets air flow through when its hot. Sometimes in the early bow season here, it can be pretty warm.

Next

Return to Tree Stands