Harness

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
RNC

RE: Harness

Postby RNC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 am

A full body harness is a must, I use the Gorilla one. Don't think it matters what brand you go with as long as you use one. I cant believe I never used to use one, started using a harness 8 years ago, I wont climb a tree without one now.

oldrookie

Postby oldrookie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:34 am

I use the HSS vest and love it. For early morning hunts, I put it on at the truck or camp site and walk in with it on.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 pm

ORIGINAL: oldrookie

I use the HSS vest and love it. For early morning hunts, I put it on at the truck or camp site and walk in with it on.

Ditto!

[:)]

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:23 am

Breaux Mossy Oak Breakup Camouflage Treestand Vest

I'd never heard of Breaux, but I was looking for a new harness, and these were the cheapest in my size in the Wing Supply catalog a few years ago-- $50. 

My size?  Think John Wayne gone to seed.  Think walking landform.  Forget the ones that come with the stands-- I've got a pile of them at the house.  Forget going to Walmart or BassPro.

Anyhow, the Breaux was the one that fit me the best  and it was cheap, too.  I got one for Mooseboy as well.  It's not too complicated, and it looks as sturdy as the others.

[/b]
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

ChewyTKE609

Postby ChewyTKE609 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks for the info Shaman.  I've been looking for a harness for myself for quite a while now.  I too am more hunter than I'd care to admit.  I went to the website and ordered one as soon as I saw your post.  I know I won't be disappointed.  Thanks.

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm still a little amazed that it took the bowhunting industry as long as it did to realize that a full body harness is the only way to go. I shudder a little when I think back on all the cinch straps and shoulder harnesses I used that could have killed me just a tad slower than a fall might have.

And then the early full body harnesses just made me want to jump out of the tree myself and end it all.

I'm assuming that the vest designs will be the only ones you'll see soon. The only way to go.

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 am

ORIGINAL: ChewyTKE609

Thanks for the info Shaman.  I've been looking for a harness for myself for quite a while now.  I too am more hunter than I'd care to admit.  I went to the website and ordered one as soon as I saw your post.  I know I won't be disappointed.  Thanks.

Just so y'all know:  Sportsmansguide.com has now has these harnesses for $30 bucks.  I bought one for Angus,#3 son,  and he loves it.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:52 am

Regardless of which harness you'all use, do you put it under your outerwear, or over?

Just wondering.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:03 am

Mine goes on under my coat.  That lets me take the coat off if things get warm, also allows me to walk to the stand then put the coat on after I get there.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Here is the harness I use.  I give it 10 out of 10 stars...You don't even know you're wearing it!!!!

http://www.loggybayou.com/2006pages/transformersafety.htm

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands