anybody ever heard?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
howhill1

anybody ever heard?

Postby howhill1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:18 am

that you shouldnt wash your safety harness. supposedly it weakens the stitching hence weakinig the dexterity. just wondering if anyone else has heard this.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

RE: anybody ever heard?

Postby JOEL » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 am

never heard that but it kinda makes sense if you use a commercial washer.if you just hand wash in a bucket it may not be as bad.I spray the heck out of mine with scent killer
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:59 am

i dont wear my harness next to my skin, so ive actually never worried about washing it. i have not heard that you shouldnt, but i also just spray mine down and i leave it hanging outside most of the time during teh season when im not wearing it.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 pm

i need to check my back issues cause i think i read it in d&dh. ive always washed em with my clothes. my biggest concern was scents its picked up before it got to me. i soak em with scent killer as well. just dont want one to fail if/when i need it.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:17 pm

I bet if you go to their websites you can find manufacturers recommendations for this.  Just a thought.  Glad someone brought this up.  Will be looking myself now.  Pan

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am

Make sure and let us know!

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Like the fellow above, I dont wear mine next to my skin, so I've never given this a thought.  I doubt you could damage the thing just by washing, but as another suggested, it might be wise to check with the manufacturer.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:30 pm

[font=arial]Jim,[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Thank you for your message.[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Please find washing instructions for your harness below:[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 

[font=arial]Hand wash in cold water.[/font]
[font=arial]Do not use coarse brushes or other items that may damage the threads or webbing to scrub the product.[/font]
[font=arial]Do not use bleach.[/font]
[font=arial]Hang dry only.[/font]
[font=arial]Use mild standard laundry soap.[/font]
[font=arial]Inspect the harness carefully and check for any signs of abrasion or damaged threads before using.[/font][/ul]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Sincerely,[/font]
[font=arial]Jennifer Goninen[/font]
[font=arial]XOP Customer Service[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 

Return to Tree Stands