what kind of steps

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
JOEL

RE: what kind of steps

Postby JOEL » Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 am

ORIGINAL: The Rookie

[font=arial]I don't know how well it works but a friend of mine uses these boots that he could climb the tree, no steps needed. If your interested I will ask him where he bought them from.[/font]

[/align][font=arial][/font] 

[/align][font=arial]The Rookie[/font]

[/align]
  if the state doesnt allow screw in steps its because they dont want tree damage .the boot spurs will cut into the tree also and i would bet they are illegal also .i would contact the forestry people  before using em
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue May 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Those strap on ladder sections are a pain in the butt to carry, but they are much safer, once attached to the tree than screw in steps.

scotman

Postby scotman » Sat May 24, 2008 6:33 pm

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

I like my Summit "Buck Steps",they are easy to strap on a tree and are light weight enough to carry in where your hunting.Mine are a set of 4 Steps and they get you pretty high up in a tree or you can buy an extra set and use a few of them or all of them to climb even higher?You can also stagger them around the tree your climbing as you go up.  

Yea I use the strap on steps as well they work great. Lightweight and they hang fairly fast.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Mon May 26, 2008 12:07 pm

Only problem I have with the Summit "Buck Steps" is the black straps they have on them....why in the world didn't they use camo straps to at least conceal where the steps are?They stick out like sore thumbs on a brown or grey tree bark.....I may plan on trying to put some camo material on the straps to hide them while it is on a tree,the Ameristep Company makes some neat looking leaf material that may work perfectly?  

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:19 pm

I use several ladders from API... there easy to set up, sturdy, and priced right. Haven't used screw-ins since I tried my first ladder several years ago...won't ever go back either. Also started using the Big Game Boss XL stand with these ladders. It's a BIG and stable stand... I like the combination.

Previous

Return to Tree Stands