Got myself a Tree Lounge

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
USN_Sam1385

Got myself a Tree Lounge

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:57 am

Well,

I have wanted a Tree Lounge Bow Hunters Special for about four years now. However, I did not want to fork over the $400 for one.

I got lucky and found one on Craigslist for $175. I emailed the guy and offered him $150, which he accepted.

Wow... I set that sucker up on a tree and my front yard and it feels like I am sitting on one of my black mesh rocking chairs. Can't wait to give it a shot in the woods.

Dan Salmon

RE: Got myself a Tree Lounge

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:57 am

They're not the most mobile climber around, but you certainly feel safe and comfortable in one.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 pm

The weight of the stand sucks and they are a little bulky but they are the most comfortable stands out there in my mind, I own 2 [8D]

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:51 am

they make a lot of accessories for them im no longer able to use a climbing stand i had a tree lounge for over 15 years here are some accessories you might want to purchase the wheel kit if you have to walk a long distance the tree nest helps prevent cold from seeoing in stay away from the gun and bow holders their junk make sure you have a full body harness i used to go up 25 feet in mine never had any problem or complaint with them i gave my complete climber and accessories to my handiman landscaper as he was just starting to hunt i should really state that my wife gave it away because she is cheap she worked out a deal for labor on the yard and house she had no idea how much it costs to buy one hank k

LaCatahoula

Postby LaCatahoula » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 am

I really like mine I can hunt all day in comfort. The only draw back I can think of is its heavy and big which makes it hard to carry through really thick stuff which is where I like to be. I am working on a ladderloung right now if I can talk my wife into it.[;)]

BamaHunter

Postby BamaHunter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am

I have a ladder lounge and love it.  My Tree Lounge climber was stolen a few years ago, but I really like hunting out of it. Sooo comfortable.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:54 am

ORIGINAL: BamaHunter

I have a ladder lounge and love it.  My Tree Lounge climber was stolen a few years ago, but I really like hunting out of it. Sooo comfortable.

I will probably wait til next season to give it a full solid run. Going to put it in one of my favorite spots on the propety, run 8 or 10 screw in steps to it, and chain it to the tree 25 ft. up so it can't get stolen. Just use it like a hang on by climbing into with the screw in steps.

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:49 pm

own 1 and I built 2 more for myself. Spent a many hour in those things and I might add napped quite a few hours in them also. Didn't like having to tote them in and out of the woods so I usually left them on the tree.

ncbrew

Re: Got myself a Tree Lounge

Postby ncbrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:11 am

Could you take some measurements for me. What is the straight line distance from the top if the "Sling" to the bottom of the sling when it is fully extended for use. :?: Also what angle from the tree do you find most comfortable. :|

Please reply to dadinnc@gmail.com

kellory

Re: Got myself a Tree Lounge

Postby kellory » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I keep hearing about these stands, but I wouldn't mind a few pictures if you have them. I would like to see what all the fuss is about. I can fabricate just about anything I need, once I fully understand it. Thanks. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Next

Return to Tree Stands