Making your stand quieter

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Proline

Making your stand quieter

Postby Proline » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:02 pm

I want to try to silence my stand a bit. I have an Equalizer with the bar that comes out around you  on the top half like the Summit Viper.  Trying to minimize "clunks" and protect gun bow when laying across the bar. Couple ideas i wonder if anyone tried:

1. Spraying truck bedliner on the bar? I have seen on other forums people have done this but no one posts back after use to say how it worked.

2. Foam pipe insulation and cover with camo duct tape?  Not to sure how durable this will be esp. when using sit and climb technique.

3. Taking parachute cord and wrapping all around the bar finishing each end like you would whipping rope.

I am researching this for next year as I dont want scent to be an issue this year. Any thoughts?  I am leaning toward #3 but wonder  if you guys have ideas too. 

Jslotter

RE: Making your stand quieter

Postby Jslotter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 pm

I used liquid bed liner on my old climber tree stand by applying it to the locking pins and the ends of the cables. It worked good and coated the metal and silenced them. For the cross bar, I would try using the pipe foam, and use zip ties to secure the foam to the bar. That would damper the noise alot better I think.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

IsitInTREES

RE: Making your stand quieter

Postby IsitInTREES » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:45 am

I like the bedliner materials.  They seem to hold up better than the foam or tape.
Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

Return to Tree Stands