Slick Tricks:

loneranger

Slick Tricks:

Postby loneranger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:04 am

I've read alot of good things about slick tricks. I am contmeplating using them. I have found my arrows fly better with 125 gr field tips so I'd probably try the 125 slick tricks, but I see the slick trick mags are a bit larger. I emailed a slick trick rep, and he told me,,if it were him ,,he'd stick with the regular 100's or 125s as the mags probably did not fly a straight consistently. Has anyone had experiences with slick trick mags?

MAXELM

RE: Slick Tricks:

Postby MAXELM » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 am

I have used the 100 gr  regular slick tricks and harvested two deer this past season using them. I haven't tried the magnums but I think you only gain  1/8" more cutting surface from them. If I get a chance to use them I probably will, the regular did just fine for me.... 

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Ive never used either but i am also considering using them this year, ive met so many people this year alone at the different shoots ive gone to that do use the regular ones, and i have not hear one negative thing about them. like maxelm said you only get another 1/8" using the mags and if you talked to a rep and he said that they didnt fly as consitent, thats enough info for me just to get the regular ones. if you do get the mags tho, let me know how they do!

Phi3nD

Postby Phi3nD » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:33 am

I would not recommend the standard 100 grain slip trick broad head. I shot a real nice 11 pointer in the lungs with it and never found it. I had a couple other hunting buddies that used these because they fly phenomenal, but they don't put quite a big enough hole in the animal. Others swear by these, but I had bad luck. I even shot a turkey with one of these and the turkey broke my carbon arrow and flew away with the broad head and part of the arrow still lodged in it's body. I know a lot of people don't like mechanical broad heads but I've had awesome success with rage 2 blad broad heads. You want to talk about a big hole... This deer was taken with a rage 2 blade and wasn't the best shot but it still didn't go very far.

MAP2269

Postby MAP2269 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:57 am

I have been using Slick Tricks for many many years, Stds and Mags and with my setup I have had NO PROBLEMS. One of the only things I have ever noticed about the Slick Tricks was a little noise, it does not seem to bother the deer, they are not spooking and still dropping dead quick. Most of the time I watch the deer drop. If your bow is in tune, broadheads hitting where field points do there is no broadhead better than Slick Tricks. This year I started using the new Razor Trick it is the best of both of both worlds 1 1/8" x 1" and from what I can tell I don't hear any noise. I will always use Slick Tricks, because of all the 4-blades out there that I have brought and tested the Slicks win in flight. Why use a 2 or 3 blade when you can have a real hole not a slice or cut to close up maybe. If you get better flight with the 2 or 3 blades use them, because we are out there to hunt not hurt. Well good luck to all my fellow hunters and hope the deer drop quick

MG11

Re: Slick Tricks:

Postby MG11 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I use the standard tricks (100 grain) and love them. I have considered switching to the razor tricks so that I have a cut on contact head but havent switched because they standard tricks are working for me. You cant go wrong with slick trick broadheads!!!!
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear

Return to Broadheads