DULUTH, Minn. — An 84-year-old hunter caught his clothes on fire in a deer stand, then died after falling out of the tree on Saturday morning, authorities said.
..Arthur Joseph Knafla of Maple Grove was pronounced dead at the scene, NBC station KBJR reported. The accident occurred in Lavell Township, southeast of Hibbing, the Star-Tribune reported.
According to the St. Louis County Sheriff's Office, Knafla was attempting to light a propane heater in his partially enclosed deer stand when his clothes caught fire. Knafla then fell from his deer stand.
A Meadowlands ambulance responded to the incident.
Saturday was the opening day of the Minnesota deer hunting firearms season.
This article includes reporting from NBC station KBJR of Superior, Wisc., and msnbc.com staff.
Offer No Apologies.....
NRA Endowment Life Member