400-Pound Buck NOT a Fake

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Everyday Hunter

RE: 400-Pound Buck NOT a Fake

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 am

ORIGINAL: badtoys

they should have 2 different books for records 1 for fenced deer and 1 for wild deer real hunting

If that were the case, the fenced operation would get more credit than either the buck or the hunter.

I'm curious about what the tape would show on that fat boy's antlers. If he's capable of growing that big a body, he has the skeletal system to support it. So, how much could he put into the bone on his head?

Not that it makes any real difference, but the rack is a typical -- unlike most of the biggest ranch-raised antlers I've seen. There are some gi-normous non-typical racks out there, but as far as I know Milo Hanson's buck had the biggest set of typical antlers I've ever seen -- fenced or wild.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 am

ORIGINAL: metrx

I just read about the cost of the hunts on this ranch.  A 170 class buck will set you back $10,000.  Anything into the 180s and up will set you back $10,000 plus a "trophy fee".  For instance, a 190 class buck is $10,000 plus a $5,000 trophy fee.  Anything 200" or more is $10,000 plus a trophy fee that is "determined on an individual basis".  They must charge per inch if the deer is over 200.  I guess you get to pick your buck from the pen and they let him loose in the fenced preserve for you to hunt (for lack of a better term).  It says they have a total of 800 acres in total on their farms...it doesnt say how big each plot is.  They may have 80 ten acre plots...who knows.  

If I had the money, I still wouldnt do it.  I would have no problem going to an outfitter, but it would have to be fair chase, no fences and a 100% wild animal. 

I don't think I could smile in a picture if I took an animal under those conditions.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 am

ORIGINAL: badtoys

they should have 2 different books for records 1 for fenced deer and 1 for wild deer real hunting

Why?  Do we have record books for the largest cow, largest sheep, largest other farm raised animal?
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

baddoghunter

Postby baddoghunter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Guys they do have 400 pound live weight deer fair chase. Up in Sask Canada. Its rare but they are out there. Check the record weights for all states and I think there is some over 350 gutted from Maine etc.You are right though it isnt hunting when its high fence and I wouldnt do it even if I had the money but you got to admit it sure would look good on your wall.
My House Is Protected By The Good Lord And Guns.
And You Might Meet Them Both If You Show Up Here Not Welcome Son.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm sorry if I offend anyone here, but whoever spends that kind of money to shoot any animal has more money then they do sense.  I would never spend that kind of money to shoot anything

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm

$10,000+ would buy a lot of beef !
Semper Fi !

SplitG2

Postby SplitG2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

That is a huge deer!

osceolaslayer

Postby osceolaslayer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 pm

That's the point. You have the money, Do your thing.

If he would have killed that ol boy that never came out of his Georgia swamp, and caught him slipping, he would have done somethin special.

Generally the people who have the money, don't have the time. And vice versa.

But remember, it's always best to stay unified as a hunting community, and give NO ground. If you have the money, go kill ya a 200 in texas. I'll have the cold beer ready to celebrate when you get back.
OSCEOLA SLAYER
DEERFEAR.COM

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Guys they do have 400 pound live weight deer fair chase. Up in Sask Canada.

That's if you consider hunting over a bait pile fair chase.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:26 am

Have any of you clicked on the link to this place? and then to their genetic over view...showing their "semen" bucks....their main breeder got a antler infection and died...the pics of him trying to walk with that obscene set of bone on his head made me want to vomit!....they are producing freaks and places like that should in my opinion be shut down ...PERIOD! ..Now if the antis wanted to go after something like that and leave honest hunters and real natural hunting properties alone ...I'd support them....staying unified as hunters my foot when WE as a group allow places like this to exist ...helping to give all hunters a bad name!..Yep I'm angry[:@] 

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News