How to stop a BEAR Attach!!!!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
U.P.Hunter

How to stop a BEAR Attach!!!!

Postby U.P.Hunter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

I use the Tonya Harding Survival Method - travel with a companion (not a friend) and carry a tire iron.

When you see a bear take the tire iron whack him in the knee caps and slowly back away. His screams of pain should draw the bear to him and allow you to escape!

On the way to the ranger station to report the attack, fling the tire iron in the bushes, no need for difficult questions Image

Dave

bwhntr

RE: How to stop a BEAR Attach!!!!

Postby bwhntr » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm

That might work, I would just run. I don't have to run as fast as my companion, I'll just trip him, and keep on running. That should slow the bear down enough for me to get away.

[:)]

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:00 pm

ORIGINAL: U.P.Hunter

I use the Tonya Harding Survival Method - travel with a companion (not a friend) and carry a tire iron.

When you see a bear take the tire iron whack him in the knee caps and slowly back away. His screams of pain should draw the bear to him and allow you to escape!

On the way to the ranger station to report the attack, fling the tire iron in the bushes, no need for difficult questions Image

Dave

Good Lord you guys are mean. No need to injure a friend. I always carry a couple of slices of deer jerky (you can use beef) and an acorn with me.

If a bear starts to attack, throw the jerky at his feet. When he bends down to eat the jerky, you stick the acorn in his ear. While he's going nuts trying to get the acorn out of his ear ... you just slip away.
[8D]
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:40 am

I try to take someone along that I can outrun . [8|] Better yet take along someone you can outrun and also owe money to ...............slip some raw meat in his pockets when he's not looking . [:-]
Semper Fi !

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 am

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

[size="3"][size="2"]I try to take someone along that I can outrun . [8|] Better yet take along someone you can outrun and also owe money to ...............slip some raw meat in his pockets when he's not looking . [/size][:-][/size]

Anyone ever see a bear run? I had one walk up to 5 feet from me once while I was calling a turkey. Sitting on the ground, my eyes were at the same level as his. He seemed to sense that something wasn't quite right and I seemed to have a keen awareness of where the safety was on my turkey shotgun. As he swung his head around his eyes locked on mine -- that's all he could see because I was wearing a camo headnet.

He blinked, woofed, and sprang out of there, covering 50 yards in about 2 seconds.

Lesson: Bears run fast. You'll never outrun one.
Common sense observation: If a bear's hostile intentions may override your evil intentions. In other words, if a bear has to chase you and your slower buddy, what's to say triggering his chase instinct won't mean he runs by your broken legged buddy and keep chasing you.
Unintended consequence: He'll catch you, and your buddy won't be able to do anything about it.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:08 am

ORIGINAL: Challenger

[color="#006600"][size="3"]Good Lord you guys are mean. No need to injure a friend. I always carry a couple of slices of deer jerky (you can use beef) and an acorn with me.

If a beer starts to attack, throw the jerky at his feet. When he bends down to eat the jerky, you stick the acorn in his ear. While he's going nuts trying to get the acorn out of his ear ... you just slip away.[/size][/color] [8D]

Funny.
Reminds me of the method on how to catch a polar bear.

Get a can of peas.

Go out on the ice and cut a hole in the ice just large enough for a polar bear.

Open the can of peas, and place them individually lining the entire edge of the hole.

Hide and wait.

When the polar bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ice hole.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:17 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

[size="3"][size="2"]I try to take someone along that I can outrun . [8|] Better yet take along someone you can outrun and also owe money to ...............slip some raw meat in his pockets when he's not looking . [/size][:-][/size]

Lesson: Bears run fast. You'll never outrun one.
In other words, if a bear has to chase you and your slower buddy, what's to say triggering his chase instinct won't mean he runs by your broken legged buddy and keep chasing you.

Steve

Steve, I'm pretty sure Fasteddie was joking. We all know a bear can outrun most men.

That's why you have to distract the bear while you slip that acorn into it's ear. Absolutely drives them nuts. Really!

But, you know, joking or not, Fasteddie's plan really does have some merit ... especially the part about bringing along, someone you owe money to.
[;)]
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:50 am

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

Reminds me of the method on how to catch a polar bear.

Get a can of peas.

Go out on the ice and cut a hole in the ice just large enough for a polar bear.

Open the can of peas, and place them individually lining the entire edge of the hole.

Hide and wait.

When the polar bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the ice hole.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 am

Gosh and Golly ........ I thought the whole thread was a joke .[8|]..[8|] Helllllllllloooooooooooo ![:)][:)][:)]
Semper Fi !

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:06 am

ORIGINAL: Challenger

If a beer starts to attack, throw the jerky at his feet. When he bends down to eat the jerky, you stick the acorn in his ear. While he's going nuts trying to get the acorn out of his ear ... you just slip away.
[8D]

When beers start to attack my wife is usually telling me it's time to leave the bar!   [:D][:D][:D]

Next

Return to Breaking News