How to stop a BEAR Attach!!!!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Everyday Hunter

RE: How to stop a BEAR Attach!!!!

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 am

ORIGINAL: Challenger

Steve, I'm pretty sure Fasteddie was joking. We all know a bear can outrun most men.

That's why you have to distract the bear while you slip that acorn into it's ear. Absolutely drives them nuts. Really!

But, you know, joking or not, Fasteddie's plan really does have some merit ... especially the part about bringing along, someone you owe money to. [;)]

True, but my real point was to illustrate the law of unintended consequences -- probably the most prevalent of all natural laws (which, by the way, is amply demonstrated by the work of the United States Congress.)

Break your buddy's legs and trigger the bear's chase instinct? I like your acorn idea better.

Actually, it might be best to get your buddy to run first. Then you just walk away the other direction.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:50 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

True, but my real point was to illustrate the law of unintended consequences -- probably the most prevalent of all natural laws (which, by the way, is amply demonstrated by the work of the United States Congress.)

Steve

Must you foul these pages by mentioning the U.S.Congress? [:@]

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:53 pm

ORIGINAL: kribbz

When beers start to attack my wife is usually telling me it's time to leave the bar!   [:D][:D][:D]

There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 pm

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

[color="#006600"][size="3"].
If a bear starts to attack, throw the jerky at his feet. When he bends down to eat the jerky, you stick the acorn in his ear. While he's going nuts trying to get the acorn out of his ear ... you just slip away.[/size][/color] [8D]

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:37 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Steve

[size="2"]Must you foul these pages by mentioning the U.S.Congress?[/size] [:@]

Sorry. You're right. But do I get credit for not mentioning the "club" in a positive light? (If they only had control of the outcomes of their legislation!)

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:46 am

If you're in or near Chicago, just make an end zone and some goal posts around you. Bears in Chicago rarely, if ever, get near an end zone!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

wack

Postby wack » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:12 pm

If you're in or near Chicago, just make an end zone and some goal posts around you. Bears in Chicago rarely, if ever, get near an end zone!!!

Yep, and it works on Lions too! Packers have known that for years. lol But if I'm in the woods, Chicago, Green Bay or anywhere, the best way to stop a bear attack is to have a bigger gun than the bear....why waist good jerky?
American by birth, hunter by choice.

scotman

Postby scotman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:50 am

ORIGINAL: U.P.Hunter

I use the Tonya Harding Survival Method - travel with a companion (not a friend) and carry a tire iron.

When you see a bear take the tire iron whack him in the knee caps and slowly back away. His screams of pain should draw the bear to him and allow you to escape!

On the way to the ranger station to report the attack, fling the tire iron in the bushes, no need for difficult questions Image

Dave

Dave that is hilarious or another good one is if you have bear mace, mace your buddy and run like hell.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Previous

Return to Breaking News