First Idaho Wolves Killed

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
mightyfofaad

RE: First Idaho Wolves Killed

Postby mightyfofaad » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:42 am

Old Guy: Here's a three links about the Wi. wolf

Yes, this is a conundrum for me, inasmuch as I'm a wolf lover ... so it's no stretch to realize I'm a dog lover as well. I had already read about several incidents where hunting dogs were killed by wolves.  I think you have to be a little dense to allow dogs to run loose in a wolf pack area, especially when pups are being raised.[/align] [/align]Let's face it, wolves will try to kill off all potential predators for the same reason man wants to kill off the wolf ... each is trying to keep the "game" for themselves ... man & wolf are both very territorial. Unfortunately, there is no way the wolf will ever win against man.  The very things that make the wolf so successful, are the same things that will lead to it's downfall.[/align] [/align]I just wish they could be trapped & relocated vis-a-vis being slaughtered. But, until God makes me a special assistant or I am made Emperor of the land ... there's not much I can do about it. [8|][/align]

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 am

mightyfofaad

Your quote: I think you have to be a little dense to allow dogs to run loose in a wolf pack area, especially when pups are being raised.

Well if you're going too call Bear/Dog Hunters dense then I'm calling you," ignorant and stupid on this matter".
Ignorant definition being: not having the knowledge or information to make a rational decision. Stupid: is being given, or having the knowledge, or information and not being able utilizing it.

Bear/Dog hunters pay $1200.00 - $2500.00 dollars per dog then they put a radio tracking device on the dog so there's a considerable investment involved in one dog. They have run their dogs in their hunting area in Clark Co. for years and never lost a dog too the wolf packs. Now with the wolf population explosion they're in places where the DNR and the Bear Hunters weren't expecting them too be.

Don't bother replying back, because I'm done with you!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:11 am

Old Guy: Well if you're going too call Bear/Dog Hunters dense then I'm calling you," ignorant and stupid on this matter".

[font=arial]Whoa ... lighten up Old Guy ... this forum is supposed to be a friendly exchange of ideas & information. There's no need to get hysterical because of a poor choice of words.  Dense was a poor choice in my showing concern for the dogs in question.[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]I was only trying to show concern in much the same way I would for an unsupervised child playing in the street or a swimming pool. It was a rhetorical sentiment, not something meant to attack anyone's competence or morals.[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]We all make mistakes, but that is no reason to go ballistic. Ignorant? Yes, sometimes I am; as we all are at times.  This is why you will never see me attacking someone who ... let's say ... doesn't know the difference between to, too & two ... or who has trouble writing a cohesive sentence.[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]Lighten up ... don't hate me because I might not be as smart as you. Best regards ... and I mean it!
[:)][/font][/align]

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:19 pm

ORIGINAL: Old Guy

mightyfofaad

Your quote: I think you have to be a little dense to allow dogs to run loose in a wolf pack area, especially when pups are being raised.

Well if you're going too call Bear/Dog Hunters dense then I'm calling you," ignorant and stupid on this matter".

Bear/Dog hunters pay $1200.00 - $2500.00 dollars per dog then they put a radio tracking device on the dog so there's a considerable investment involved in one dog. They have run their dogs in their hunting area in Clark Co. for years and never lost a dog too the wolf packs. Now with the wolf population explosion they're in places where the DNR and the Bear Hunters weren't expecting them too be.

Is your argument here that if someone spends a lot of money on a dog they have the right to turn it loose in a totally irresponsible manner? Putting a radio collar on a dog & setting it loose in the countryside doesn't seem to be indicative of someone who cares much about what that dog will run into, or what will run into the dog!

I've known responsible hunters that would never let a dog loose until they were "on scent" & the game was very close or within sight. I think that was MFF's point.

Saying the hunters didn't know there were wolves in the area (like you know what they knew) is like my saying "I hunted all day & didn't get a deer because I didn't know there were no deer in the area."

There is a lot of anti-hunting sentiment out there. As hunters we have a great responsibility to respect the game, the land & the methods we use if we are not to further inflame that anti-hunter sentiment.

Just because someone has more money than good sense doesn't give them the right to turn dogs loose on the countryside where they have no control. What if the dogs attacked someone's pet, or livestock or a child. Is that's okay because they spent a lot of money on the dogs?
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 am

Please keep it clean gentlemen and stay away from personal attacks.
Thank you.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Breaking News