This is disgusting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Bowtechian

RE: This is disgusting

Postby Bowtechian » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Not sure why, but they seem to be very proud of their actions. Normally criminals try to hide their stupidity.
Dave M.

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:15 pm

To me this act was no different than the Michael Vick thing and if your not involved in hunting or the outdoors, you would never know about this story.

This is true, sad but true!

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:19 am

That is aggregious.  I hate seeing stories like these because that means non-hunters are seeing them also and we are instantly grouped in with these ruthless thugs.

upatreestand75

Postby upatreestand75 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:33 am

Just horrible.  But its not just in Florida.  Its everywhere.  All we can do is not get defensive with non hunters and just firmly express our beliefs in a way that they realize that those people are criminals.  Not deer hunters.

rjohns46

Postby rjohns46 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 am

Just terrible.  The only way these horrible crimes can be minimized is for hunter who respect wildlife laws, respect nature, and respect the morality of hunting to stick together and turn these SOBs in when we see them. 
"Do you know what they do to those chickens?"
"No, but it's de-licious!!!" -- Jim Gaffigan

Croz73PA

Postby Croz73PA » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:14 pm

If you hear non-hunters speaking negatively about us because of incidents like this, tell them these people arent hunters.  These are killers.  Criminals.  Its that simple.  They shouldnt represent hunting or hunters and its sad that its seen that way.  Lock em up for a few years.

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Great points on how to counter these stories.   We all know these are not hunters but are criminals. 

I actually feel kinda bad for the kids.  Granted they should have, and likely did know better, but they were just following the lead of their adult role models. 

So remember the kids are always looking up to you, whether you do right or wrong and will follow your lead because they look up to you.   Its important to do the right thing at all times.  An example for me teaching my son honesty is not taking too much change, if given, at the store.   A simple action by me taught him that it is wrong to take what is not yours.  These kids just did as the adults did and thought it was cool or ok.  I pray they can turn their lifes around, and welcome the kids into my campfire anytime to learn the proper way to hunt.

Stepping off the stump and back into the shadows now...

Happy Hunting and take a kid hunting, they are the future of the outdoors!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am

This is disgusting ... Officials say group poached more than 17 deer

Come on now ... Birds gotta sing & poachers gotta poach

There really isn't anyone who is surprised by this story ... is there? There can't be anyone who doesn't think this sort of thing goes on constantly in every state east of the Mississippi, including Texas & Oklahoma ... is there?

Poleeze ... this made the papers cause they got caught ... they got caught because (a)they absolutely didn't think they were doing anything particularly wrong ... and (b) they were as dumb as road apples.

Just make sure when you see something wrong ... you take the time to drop a dime ... just don't shake your head & go to bed.
[:@]

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:22 pm

The worst part is that this is not an isolated incident. These are just the unlucky few that got caught. I can't even begin to imagine how many more gangs there are just like this one, doing the same stupid things, and not getting caught.

Absolutely sick. PETA thrives on stories like this.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 pm

ORIGINAL: buckfarmdude

The worst part is that this is not an isolated incident. These are just the unlucky few that got caught. I can't even begin to imagine how many more gangs there are just like this one, doing the same stupid things, and not getting caught.

Absolutely sick. PETA thrives on stories like this.

I would be interested to know what kind of fine they got. Has anyone heard or seen any follow up on this?
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Previous

Return to Breaking News