BuckMasters??

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
hh23viking

BuckMasters??

Postby hh23viking » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:42 am

Just a quick question..I used to be a member of "Buckmasters"a few years back but am no longer.. They've for the past 3 years called my house and cell phone during hunting season maybe 2-3 times a day looking for me to resign, even after I've told them I'm not interested..Crazy or what.. Has anyone had the same issue? Leave me alone Jackie B..

JPH

RE: BuckMasters??

Postby JPH » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:51 am

About 10 minutes of Jackie Bushman on TV was enough to tell me I did not want to join Buckmasters.

I like their antler scoring system but otherwise am no fan. Good luck shaking them. [:D]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 am

I havn't gotten a call from them in a couple years . When i would pick up the phone and hear that southern Drawl , I would say "you're from Buckmasters , aren't you" ? The guy would wonder how I knew .
I would say that I thought their program sucked , wouldn't join if they paid me and thought Jackie Bushman was a phoney . They finally left me alone ! [8|]
Semper Fi !

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:06 am

I guess personally, I don`t find Jackie Bushman and BuckMasters any more distatsefull than any of the others. And in many instances, much less distastefull than many of the others.

To each his own I guess.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:03 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

I guess personally, I don`t find Jackie Bushman and BuckMasters any more distatsefull than any of the others. And in many instances, much less distastefull than many of the others.

Yeah, but the others don't call my house.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:26 pm

I hate this about every program i join. I joined a local conservation program for the last couple years and didnt renew this year as money was a little tight.

I get so much crap in the mail from these people that it make me not even want to renew.

Maybe a yearly mailing asking to join but on a weekly basis??  This goes for most of the organizations out there.

the more crap i get in the mail and the more my phone rings the less likely i will be to renew. Its not like i dont know about the program as i was already a member at one time...
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:59 pm

I guess personally, I don`t find Jackie Bushman and BuckMasters any more distatsefull than any of the others. And in many instances, much less distastefull than many of the others.To each his own I guess.

They read some of your posts . They won't be calling you ! [8|]...[;)]...[;)]
Semper Fi !

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

I guess personally, I don`t find Jackie Bushman and BuckMasters any more distatsefull than any of the others. And in many instances, much less distastefull than many of the others.To each his own I guess.

They read some of your posts . They won't be calling you ! [8|]...[;)]...[;)]

Dunno, it hasn`t stopped you from being my buddy.

[8|]

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 pm

I wouldn't like being harrassed to renew, but it does show how much your money means to them. I haven't watched the bushman show much, but it seemed like a decent program. The man has quite a collection of trophy deer, so he must know how to hunt them. I bought buckmasters food plot seed blend, and it seemed to attract deer fairly well, no rip there.  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:28 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

The man has quite a collection of trophy deer, so he must know how to hunt them.

...or where to hunt them.

Next

Return to Breaking News