Potential largest 8pt poached in MN!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Nubs

Potential largest 8pt poached in MN!

Postby Nubs » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Check this deer out, the pic isn't very good but I saw this on the news and those horns are huge! It is just to bad some jerk had to poach this magnificent deer, I could only imagine the guys that where after him and trying to take him legally, only to be stiffed by some prick who can not follow the rules. Nice deer but poachers just burn me. [:@]

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=828324&catid=391

kykevin

RE: Potential largest 8pt poached in MN!

Postby kykevin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Any 8-point that green scores 185 is one heck of a buck. To bad that idiot had to steal the chance from other law abiding hunters.
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Poachers just suck, that is one special buck.
Scott

BIG 8

Postby BIG 8 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:09 pm

I dont even get why a person would poach in the first place. After they poach the deer now it has to remain a secret forever! It just doesnt make sense. If you were to shoot a buck this big wouldnt you wana be able to share your story and pics with everyone else!?
Addicted to hunting!!

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 am

So what was the deal?  Was he trespassing? Hunting out of season?  Failed to Tag the animal or what?  Anybody had any other news on this?  Just curious...around here "poacher" and bow is not used in same sentence....while spotlight is..[:D]  I know poachers strike in the daytime too but just wondering what he was doing per se to constitute illegally taking deer?
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

flick

Postby flick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:41 am

Here's a good pic of the rack and some of the story.
What the story is, is that the guy shot a small doe and a little buck early in the season and didn't tag them. He then shot this stud on Oct. 31 and slapped his tag on it that should have been used on the little buck.  

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/image/id/42885/headline/Poached%20buck/

Return to Breaking News