Possible contender for new world record

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Everyday Hunter

Possible contender for new world record

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:07 pm

I just ran across this: Sheboygan Falls man bags buck, unofficial 217 5/8".

Yes, I know. These keep coming up. It's an archery buck. I don't know any more than the article says. Maybe you Wisconsin guys can follow up.

Steve

P.S. That's an unofficial gross score. It could easily lose 4 inches. Nevertheless, that's one giant buck.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

dmcianfa

RE: Possible contender for new world record

Postby dmcianfa » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:27 am

I work not 2.5 miles from this.  It is a true monster.  Typical or non-typical its something to truly be proud of. I've had the pleasure of working with this man on a project with him and his brother Doug for services at their machine shop.  Congrats Mike.
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:09 am

Beautiful buck regardless and tons of mass. Gotta love those Wisconsin Giants.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:22 am

Like I've said before....Just think if he let him grow another year!  LOL  Kidding.  Great buck...Truly a buck of a lifetime!
QDM!

Return to Breaking News