Question for Les Davenport

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
ScottMK

Question for Les Davenport

Postby ScottMK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:58 am

Les-

I hope this is not in bad taste to ask about an article written for another magazine on this forum, but I've been trying to locate your email address concerning the Lucky 7 buck taken by Debbie Cox in Illinois. I'm appalled at the actions of the CPO and am wondering if you could somehow provide the name of this character or at least point us in a direction where we can uncover this degenerate with a little homework thereby keeping your name out of it.

Thanks so much, keep up the good work.

All the best,
Scott
Green Bay, WI

luvofthehunt

RE: Question for Les Davenport

Postby luvofthehunt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 am

Dear Scott, Giving the game warden's name out causes legal issues even though everything in the story can be proved. Debbie's story first appeared in D&DH as a sidebar to a game warden story. The latest story was in NAW so this unethical conservation officer could read about himself in yet another magazine. Please consider that this worthless individual - a money-hungry no-gooder - is a rarity in Illinois or any state. Most Illinois game wardens are respectful of ethical hunters. Frankly, two fellow game wardens of this x-Hancock Co. game warden called to tell me what an sob this guy had been for his entire career. All other area game wardens hated him! Game wardens are simply people, and people come with all mannerisms; there are good apples and rotten apples. This guy is one of the bad ones. Sad! His type give a bad name to the good ones. Therefore the saying: One bad apple can ruin the whole barrel. We had a trail camera photo of this game warden trespassing on private ground out of uniform. He was carrying a bag over his shoulder, probably ginseng hunting illegally. He used his authority to break the law, no doubt. His time will come! <Les<< 

Return to Breaking News