492" Sudden Impact Dead?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
69Viking

RE: 492" Sudden Impact Dead?

Postby 69Viking » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 am

The infection he died from came from those huge antlers they farmed onto him. I agree with the fact he was a freak of mankind, what a shame.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:48 am

her's his pic

"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

BuckHunter

Postby BuckHunter » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:20 am

you know that is a incredible animal...think about it i mean WOW...but as incredible as it is...IS that what you picture when you think of a whitetail deer i know i dont
people now a days try so hard to make the biggest deer and the one with the biggest antlers and it almost makes it like its like there pet and it belongs to them in a way i feel that i would rather see a wild grown acorn fed 160 class buck than that pig

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Sudden Impact has Died
Digg It! | Bookmark it! | Stumble It!
Sad news has hit for anyone who has been watching this young buck grow over the past 2 years. The 3 year old deer had apparently damaged his antlers and caused some sort of infection which threatened his life. The people at Farming for Wildlife decided it was best to dart him and cut his antlers off so the infection didn't spread. About a week after this, the infection killed him anyway.

At just 3 years old Sudden Impact grew the largest set of whitetail antlers ever recorded at 492 inches!! It would have been amazing to see his potential as a mature whitetail. His genetics are alive in well on the Wilderness Whitetails farm, so I am sure we will be hearing more from them very soon. Below is a photo of Sudden Impact shortly before his untimely death.

Googied this.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:35 pm

ORIGINAL: hunt4fun

I also find it disgusting to pump deer up and make them look like this.  It is absolutely absurd.  There is no need for this accept for high priced outfitters to appeal to fat wallets.  I feel bad for that deer.  There has to come a point where we say enough is enough.  That would be like me walking around with elephantitis of the... you know...  There really is such a thing as too big.

Amen! Here is another of man's folly that falls under the adage of: "just because you can do something ... doesn't automatically mean, you should."[>:]

gerks

Postby gerks » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 am

What I think is interesting is this: How do they know he scored 492?  How can you possibly tell where the main beam is and which points are coming off of that main beam and which points are non-typical "extras"?  My guess would be that a group of 5 official B&C scorers would get 5 different scores on that beast...I bet ultimately he would be deemed "unscorable".  I've seen other bucks that were far less bizarre be "unscorable".  I'm sure the owners of this deer wouldn't want to hear of that though.... [sm=rolleyes.gif]

doe assassin

Postby doe assassin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:25 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

ORIGINAL: hunt4fun

I also find it disgusting to pump deer up and make them look like this.  It is absolutely absurd.  There is no need for this accept for high priced outfitters to appeal to fat wallets.  I feel bad for that deer.  There has to come a point where we say enough is enough.  That would be like me walking around with elephantitis of the... you know...  There really is such a thing as too big.

Amen! Here is another of man's folly that falls under the adage of: "just because you can do something ... doesn't automatically mean, you should."[>:]

Thank god i am not the only one with this opinion. Non-typical bucks are suposed to be the ultimate prize of a hunt, not grown in some high fence and hand-fed like pets. If you shoot a non-typical buck that is grown in the wild, i would think more of that buck then this one. He was a huge deer but you know no matter what people say that this deer was on steriods. Poor deer to be put through all this.
I do my grocery shopping in the woods.

rem700

Postby rem700 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 am

Sudden Impact August 28, 2009[/align][/align]

[font="times new roman"]We at BioLogic and Farming for Wildlife received some terrible news last week. Some of you knew that Sudden Impact had been darted and had his antlers removed to protect him from an infection that had started in his antlers. Sudden Impact passed away last week due to complications stemming from that infection. Click "Read More" to find out additional information[/font]

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 am

Yeah, he truly was a freak of mankind.  Unfortunately he paid the ultimate price for our meddling.

smudd55

Postby smudd55 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 am

Field and Stream has a video of him running and you can tell he is very front heavy.  He just looks uncomfortable.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News