Update On Tred Barta

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

Update On Tred Barta

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:33 pm

The following originates from the "Tradgang" internet forum......

I continue to keep Tred Barta in my prayers, as this is a classic case of "There but for the love of God go I".........

FroDated 06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As of this afternoon, Tred wants you all to know that he had never worked harder at anything in his life. He undergoes physiotherapy all-day, everyday. At the end of his first week in rehab, he has no improvement in the sensation in his lower boady, though neither has he lost any ground. He especially works on upper-body strength and has quickly earned the respect of his doctors and therapists for working more intensely than anyone they've ever met. IF he never gets the use of his legs back again, it will certainly NOT be for lack of effort. Tred is getting better at maneuvering his wheelchair and practices shooting his bow and casting light tackle everyday.He has physical glitches to deal with like undiagnosed pain and difficulty regulating body temperature. But overall, he is optimistic and grateful that he is as good as he is -- especially after seeing so many others in his rehab center so much worse off than he is. So keep the thoughts and prayers coming. Tred has a very long, arduous and frustrating journey ahead of him. He needs every bit of support you can share.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JOEL

RE: Update On Tred Barta

Postby JOEL » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:43 pm

i thought i read somewhere that he his pulling back a bow.anyone else read that?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:25 am

Tred is getting better at maneuvering his wheelchair and practices shooting his bow and casting light tackle everyday.

Yes Joel, you did. It's right in the article.

IMO, this is what's making him work so hard. I don't know Tred Barta, but if I imagine myself in his shoes (GOD FORBID!), I would have the same type of motivation. His whole life is based on shooting a bow and casting a fishing rod. As long as he has that ability, then he's still Tred Barta.

I'm pulling for him 100%.

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

wack

Postby wack » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:10 am

My first impression I got of Tred wasn't a good one. It was an elk hunt, he was flinging arrows all over, even his guide seemed disgusted and he convinced me with out a shadow of a doubt that long bow hunting isn't for me. I'm no where near dedicated enough to learn to shoot good enough to be shooting at live animals, no pie plate shooting for me and my compound. I don't ever want to be that hunter flinging arrows all over. The next show of his I saw was him killing the piglet with a knife. They ran this little pig with dogs till it was tired, had a bunch of guys tackle the pig, hold it down so Tred could jump in and stab it. [8|]

Like a train reck you got to see, I kept watching. There's something about the guy, one minute you love him, the next you want to wack him upside the head. I've often wondered if that was the hidden intent of his show? To make us question where to draw the fine line between right and wrong? To show what a fool looks like if he flings arrows at elk over 60 yards away with a long bow and not even come close to hitting it?  He's certainly showed me diferent ways of thinking than my own and I respect him for that. Once you get past the first impression, look at his accomplishments, he must be doing something right. Apparently he can shoot his long bow and knows deep sea fishing pretty well also and is pretty entertaining.

I wish him well, good luck Tred.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Sam Menard

Postby Sam Menard » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm affraid to ask but who is Tre Barta, and what happened to him?

Sam
"The true hunter counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."

Dr. Saxton Pope

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Tred is getting better at maneuvering his wheelchair and practices shooting his bow and casting light tackle everyday.

[size="3"]Yes Joel, you did. It's right in the article.[/size]
[size="3"][/size] 
[size="3"]IMO, this is what's making him work so hard. I don't know Tred Barta, but if I imagine myself in his shoes (GOD FORBID!), I would have the same type of motivation. His whole life is based on shooting a bow and casting a fishing rod. As long as he has that ability, then he's still Tred Barta.[/size]
[size="3"][/size] 
[size="3"]I'm pulling for him 100%.[/size]

dont i feel stupid,duh ohh
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 pm

ORIGINAL: Sam Menard

I'm affraid to ask but who is Tre Barta, and what happened to him?

Sam

Have no fear, Sam -- here ya' go:
Google has 33,000 hits when you search "Tred Barta." With a name like that, all those hits are probably the one guy. Here are the first three:
http://tredbarta.com/
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gone-f ... ers-stroke
http://www.versuscountry.com/hostpage.aspx?hid=98

Apparently some kind of rare "spinal stroke." I had heard of him before this sad news, but I didn't really know who he was.
Hope that helps, and that your prayers will be added.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:21 pm

dont i feel stupid,duh ohh

Don't worry Joel, just chalk it up to a "senior moment"....I have them all the time!

I tell folks I have "ICRS" disease.....I Can't Remember S***!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:31 pm

no doubt i got icrs bad[;)]

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:45 pm

WW, Thought I was getting All Timers, Doctor said I should try naming ten veggies, I started by saying Pizza! He thinks there could be a problem, now every time my wife or I have one of those senior moments we just say "pizza"!  Like all the prevoius posts I think we all wish Ted the best, I have always enjoyed his shows!

Next

Return to Breaking News