TigerRidge Auction Results?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
gerks

TigerRidge Auction Results?

Postby gerks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm just curious as to how the auction went? What did the land sell for per acre? Did anyone buy a bunch of chunks or was each parcel sold to different individuals? Anyone have any information?

Gerks

ranwin33

RE: TigerRidge Auction Results?

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:52 am

I'd be interested to hear as well.  Given that timber rights were not included in the sale I'd have a hard time parting with my money to buy any of it.  Not that I'd ever do any logging, but when I buy something I'd want it all to be mine and not be a the mercy of some logging company.  Just my 2 cents.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

GAbowhunter

Postby GAbowhunter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:35 am

I wouldn't buy any land where I did not call all the shots, I believe the logging industry has been hit hard my the bad economy.
The good news is I doubt they are cutting much wood at all, unless it's being cut to ship over seas?, the bad news is one day things will get better and they may just show up one day and strip your land of all the trees!

If I bought land I would want to buy mostly hardwood with a bit of thick pine only for bedding areas.

I live in GA where most all the hardwood forest have been cut many years ago to plant pine forest just for logging, only God knows how much I hate pine trees!! I even removed them all from my yard!

I hate that people are out of work, but I could careless if there was a logging industy in this country.. I'm sure GA would have much larger racked bucks if there was more hardwood and less pine!

novacane

Postby novacane » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:04 am

My understanding is that the top bid was 1700.00 an acre and they did not accept that offer. One other party wanted a smaller parcel and that was also rejected. So from what i heard it didnt sell.

Return to Breaking News