What Did You Think of the Archery Annual?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ben Sobieck

What Did You Think of the Archery Annual?

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 am

If you downloaded the 2009 Archery Annual, please take this survey and let us know what you thought about it. We're looking to make the 2010 edition even better. That can only happen if you tell us what you liked or didn't like.

Click here to take the survey.

Haven't checked out the 2009 Archery Annual? Click here to download it free of charge.

Woods Walker

RE: What Did You Think of the Archery Annual?

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I appreciate the fact that it was free, but in the PDF format it was also pretty much unreadable. I'd be more than happy to PAY for a real copy.

I wasn't about to print it out, because my inkjet's cost around $60 for a full color/b&w set, and I don't see wasting all that ink on advertising copy.

A question for you......Is this the direction that the magazine may be taking? PDF format? SAY IT AIN'T SO! I just renewed for 3 years! [:(]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:26 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

but in the PDF format it was also pretty much unreadable.

[font="Tahoma"]Are you kidding??? The PDF was perfect. If the print was too small for you to read, zoom it in. If you can't read it zoomed in at 200% (twice as big as the magazine print), then I don't know how you would be able to read the printed magazine any better.

I for one love the free price. I would also be very happy if D&DH offered a digital version of their magazine.

As for the Archery Annual, I thought it was awesome. Although I feel like I have read the "Prepare 'em Right" and "Tune it Down!" articles before. (Either in a magazine or a book)

But overall it was excellent, informative, and the price was right!!! Looking forward to many more digital editions!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 am

No I'm not kidding. Reading ANYTHING is PDF format is like either trying to read flyspeck, or it's like reading through a keyhole if you expand it.

Then there's the always aggravating "scroll down, and then the page you were reading disappears entirely" deal.

Like I said, I will be more than happy to PAY for a version that's easy to read!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:03 am

Thought it was great but, I would also rather have a printed version. 

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:22 am

i had  no trouble reading it you can always enlarge it and it was laid out side by side for me also the price was just right.i think a digital copy would be nice for all paid subscribers so you can read it on your laptop etc without carrying several mags around
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 am

No I'm not kidding. Reading ANYTHING is PDF format is like either trying to read flyspeck, or it's like reading through a keyhole if you expand it.

[font="Tahoma"]Sounds like you either need to visit the optometrist or get a new computer monitor... LOL [:D][/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:12 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

i had  no trouble reading it you can always enlarge it and it was laid out side by side for me also the price was just right.i think a digital copy would be nice for all paid subscribers so you can read it on your laptop etc without carrying several mags around

LOL!! So now I have to buy a new monitor, and go out and spend $600+ on a laptop so's I can read a "free" magazine????

I'd rather pay $7.00 or $8.00 a piece for them on the newsstand...It'll be FAR cheaper in the long run! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 am

LOL!! So now I have to buy a new monitor, and go out and spend $600+ on a laptop so's I can read a "free" magazine????

I'd rather pay $7.00 or $8.00 a piece for them on the newsstand...It'll be FAR cheaper in the long run! [:)]

[font="Tahoma"]You ONLY use your computer for reading D&DH magazines? Wow, you are hard core! [8D]

Seriously though, if all PDFs look bad on your computer, either your computer is in need of an upgrade or you need new glasses. Most professional PDF files (like D&DH) are the most detailed files I have ever seen.

I zoomed in the Archery Annual PDF to 600% and it was still clear as could be. (It was really huge, but totally clear!)

Make sure you have updated the Adobe Reader program on your computer. (Open Adobe Reader, go to "help" on the top menu and select "Check for updates") The latest version is Adobe Reader 9.1[/font]

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 am

ORIGINAL: FFKEVIN

[font="Tahoma"]As for the Archery Annual, I thought it was awesome. Although I feel like I have read the "Prepare 'em Right" and "Tune it Down!" articles before. (Either in a magazine or a book)

I knew I had read these articles before. They are from the August 2008 issue of D&DH magazine. I wonder if the other articles are reprints as well...[/font]

Next

Return to Breaking News