Ace of Spades (Buck Shots)

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Alabowhunter

Ace of Spades (Buck Shots)

Postby Alabowhunter » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:25 am

Does this picture bother anyone else?  The archer has three different kinds of arrows. And 4 in. feathers on 1 or 2. 4 in. vanes on another and 2 in. vanes on another.

Swandog09

RE: Ace of Spades (Buck Shots)

Postby Swandog09 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 am

Can't find the picture

Alabowhunter

Postby Alabowhunter » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 am

page 90 Sept. 09

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:47 am

not really....who knows why he has it that way...could be hunting arrows with stump shooting arrows mixed in and maybe a practice one or two.  Could be he has all the arrows he owns in one quiver?  I used to do that when I started out.....Whatever the reason, one of them worked.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:18 am

im with passing thru too much amatuer CSI lately
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Alabowhunter

Postby Alabowhunter » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

I guess ya'll r right I haven't hunted with a gun in a while but I think this year I will and sight in with 150 grain Rem. shells and then hunt with 180 grain Win.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:55 am

good luck and welcome to the club here
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

clfenimore

Postby clfenimore » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 am

I like having a couple of old junk arrows along to shoot at squirrels
If a man cant hunt when he's living how the hell will he hunt when he's dead

wingbone

Postby wingbone » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Yea, I like to keep a junk arrow and if I shoot a deer, I shoot the junk arrow at the same spot. This has helped me find the exact location on the ground, especially if there is no pass through. I have shot deer in the edge of fields and once you get down out of the tree stand things can look different. Just find your practice arrow and away you go.

cutngut85

Postby cutngut85 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 am

ORIGINAL: wingbone

Yea, I like to keep a junk arrow and if I shoot a deer, I shoot the junk arrow at the same spot. This has helped me find the exact location on the ground, especially if there is no pass through. I have shot deer in the edge of fields and once you get down out of the tree stand things can look different. Just find your practice arrow and away you go.

This is a great idea! I never even gave this a thought....can't tell you how many times coming down from the tree my orientation was off. Thanks for the tip!

Next

Return to Breaking News