New Jersey Amends Game Code

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ben Sobieck

New Jersey Amends Game Code

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:33 am

Source: New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection

On Tuesday, June 16, the New Jersey Fish and Game Council voted on adopting proposed amendments to the 2009 – 2012 Game Code. The Council voted to adopt all the proposed amendments except amendment 29, which proposed boundary changes to Deer Management Zones 19 and 23. The full proposal containing the amendments can be viewed at www.nj.gov/dep/rules/proposals/040609b.pdf (PDF) on the NJ DEP website.

Continue reading

ranwin33

RE: New Jersey Amends Game Code

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:45 am

Good for NJ for allowing the use of crossbows, as well as the Sunday hunting.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 pm

It is certainly going to draw hunters away from SE PA if the PGC attempts to backpedal on the Jan vote.

stephenf

Postby stephenf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 am

They really missed the boat on this one . I have no problem with the crossbows as a hunting tool , i just dont think they belong in archery season. They also needed to have them set up like they did with muzzle loaders here and have a seperate tag and regulation set so they can monitor the amount of hunters using them and for the harvest numbers. i hope they track the two as seperate crossbow versus bow. The sunday hunting rule is a slam dunk . they are also working a reduction of the saftey zone for archery another slam dunk.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 am

ORIGINAL: stephenf

They really missed the boat on this one . I have no problem with the crossbows as a hunting tool , i just dont think they belong in archery season. They also needed to have them set up like they did with muzzle loaders here and have a seperate tag and regulation set so they can monitor the amount of hunters using them and for the harvest numbers. i hope they track the two as seperate crossbow versus bow. The sunday hunting rule is a slam dunk . they are also working a reduction of the saftey zone for archery another slam dunk.

I agree, and the same should hold for compound bows, AKA "mechanical arrow launchers". They have no business in archery season either. That should be just for "real" bows, like recurves and longbows. I think separate tags and seasons would be agreat idea. Afterall, with their increased range, and ease of learning, there'll be so many more hunters in the woods then, and the kill numbers will increase, thereby reducing the season for the real archers.

There's not enough deer to go around now, why bring even more hunters into the equation?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 am

I personally don't think crossbows will "open the flood gates" so to speak, at least not in New Jersey.  We have bigger issues...Black bear mauling and overpopulation are up...and the senate just passed a bill that limits handgun purchases to one a month.  Personally I could not conceive purchasing more than one a month to begin with, but it is an infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights and just another foot in the door for the Antis.  Now that its on Corzine's desk its almost sure to pass, so I'd encourage all Jersey residents to write him and express your dissatisfaction in having this bill signed into law.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Look for that one a month firearm purchase law to see a Constitutional test. After all, if they can limit you to one per month, why not one per year? Or every 5 years, or decade? Or maybe one a lifetime?

The 2A is a civil right. You either have the individual right to keep and bear arms, or you don't. These are inalienable rights. That means that they are natural God given rights, and the government CANNOT infringe upon them.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Breaking News