Added 14,000 Items to D&DH's Online Store

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ben Sobieck

Added 14,000 Items to D&DH's Online Store

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 am

ShopDeerHunting.com, the online store of Deer & Deer Hunting, added 14,000 new items to the storefront. They all went live just a few minutes ago. That means 14,000 more books, DVDs, archery items, firearm accessories, cleaning kits, clothing, calls, cameras, knives, optics, flashlights, attractants, treestand items, ATV accessories, mounting kits, gifts, processing gear and more. There isn't much we won't have.

Being a knife nut, I'm especially excited to see we're carrying the classic Buck 110 folder (introduced in the 1960s and still popular to this day) and some off-the-beaten-path blades, such as this unique Meyerco skinner.

Check it out: ShopDeerHunting.com.

Patriot

RE: Added 14,000 Items to D&DH's Online Store

Postby Patriot » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

I'll take one of everything please.[;)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:28 am

Shipping to you now, Patriot![:D]

This took months of planning to pull off, and we really tried to select the best products for our store. Everything was chosen for a reason. That's why we're really excited about this.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:34 am

Wow, Ben! That's great. To help D&DH compete with Cabela's, I'll take one of each!

Seriously, for knife nuts (I'm one, too), one more item that you might mention to the merchandising folks is the Havalon Knife, a folding knife that takes replaceable surgical scalpel blades. I haven't used one yet, but I'm intrigued with the idea and have a couple I look forward to field testing. Lots of folks are high on these knives for field dressing, caping, and other light-duty applications.

The company seems pretty aggressive about expanding from the medical field into sporting uses, and they might be open to offering good wholesale pricing.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:42 am

I actually had a Havalon Knife. The carrying case holds the knife and surgical blades. There aren't enough words to describe how insanely sharp those blades are out of the pack. And don't worry about the blades snapping off, they're in there solid as an oak. But they don't keep an edge and won't take to sharpening. They're perfect for one or two heavy uses. That's why you carry a half dozen replacement blades in the case.

I say had a Havalon not because I disliked it, but because I permanently loaned it to the Trapper & Predator Caller magazine staff.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 am

Great! I'll spread the news.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 am

ORIGINAL: Ben Sobieck

But they don't keep an edge and won't take to sharpening. They're perfect for one or two heavy uses. That's why you carry a half dozen replacement blades in the case.

No argument there. I have assigned my wife to ask a surgeon (she on the operating room staff at the local hospital) how long the edge lasts in surgery. I think they should be great for field dressing, lots of taxidermists are now using them for caping, and replacement blades are inexpensive.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Breaking News