More snowmobile killers

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Washburn

More snowmobile killers

Postby Washburn » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 am

This is the second incident involving ducks in the past couple of weeks. Sick idiots.
Too dark to see? Maybe you shouldn't be going wide open then.

snowmobilerskillducks

Washburn
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

Goose

RE: More snowmobile killers

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 am

I agree with you guys, this is getting ridiculous. I know it's just a few bad apples and I hate to slam all snowmobilers but it's getting frustrating.
We let let the trails go through our land in Waushara county and they always do something.
One summer my Grandpa and I planted hundreds of tree's out in one of our fields. Come winter the trail runs on the dirt road along this field, what do a couple of sleds do? Take a spin out in our field snapping many of our just planted trees right off.
It might just be a couple of people each year but every year somebody does it and it really tick's me off. A landowner does not benefit from letting these sleds on their land in any way.
It's only a matter of time before landowners start telling the clubs no and I cant say I really blame them.

Don't get me wrong I am not against snowmobiles or snowmobilers but just stating some facts from having them go through our land. I know most of them appreciate the trails and respect the landowners but there always seems to be those couple who don't and it doesn't matter who it is to the landowner.

There I feel better.....[8|]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

wack

Postby wack » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm

There's no excuse for this. The first one I thought might have been a freak accident and it may have been. I don't know. Maybe this time too, but come on people. Where this has occurred, something should be done. Steel bars, float barrels, put up signs, something. I always thought they should put a license number on the track so it prints your number in the snow as you ride.
 And someone please explain to me why ducks are hanging around in sub zero weather? Why don't they migrate further south?  Are they domestic ducks? Sick? Too old? Are people feeding them to keep them around? Something's not right.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Washburn

Postby Washburn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:44 am

ORIGINAL: wack
And someone please explain to me why ducks are hanging around in sub zero weather? Why don't they migrate further south?  Are they domestic ducks? Sick? Too old? Are people feeding them to keep them around? Something's not right.

Wild ducks, especially mallards, will stick around all winter if there is open water and food. River mouths have always been good places to find ducks during the winter.

FWIW I like your idea about a registration number on the snowmobile track.

Washburn
"As the light grows dimmer and the trail begins to fade, my sweetest dreams are those of yesteryear, at deer camp."

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:05 am

I think the land owners should shut down the trails for a year or so I'm not a snowmobile hater I have 3 and we go rideing local we don't have miles of trails to ride well unless you count farmers fields and ppl front yards. But anyways thats a different story. I just think some people have lost respect for the outdoors they also have no respect for the land owners that are opening up there land for them to ride on . Not sure about that last statement I made so please don't any body get upset. I think any landowner that lets you use there property to hunt, fish, ride four wheelers, and snowmobiles. You should in treat the land like its your own property and help the land owner out in anyway

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:25 am

Thats too bad we keep hearing about these things. I know some people who are part of a hunting club and the whole club gets screwed when it comes to NYS allowing snowmobilers access on these places.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

zos41

Postby zos41 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:32 am

The few bad apples have caused me to close my land to all ATVs and snowmobles. I still had to have one person arrested for not staying off the land. I idot told the cop that as he had been hunting on my land before I purchasaed it, my posted signs did not apply to him and he was going to keep on hunting. The cop told him he was wrong and when he did not leave he got a ride in the back seat. I don't know what the outcome was, but they towed his truck away and he never came back on me. A neighbor (also had his land all posted) had him arrested for the same reason about 6 weeks later. Some people never learn.

Return to Breaking News