More antihunting propaganda

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
saoirseglen

RE: More antihunting propaganda

Postby saoirseglen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:25 pm

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Saoirseglen I initially thought what a long post but damn that was good!  Remind me never to get in a blog battle with you, that is some wonderful written work there! 

As I might say in my native Missouri drawl, she just done pushed me a bit too far for my liking and its time to give her a full verbal magazine in the vitals.

I have nothing against discussing things and even strongly defending different points of view, but let it be based on facts rather than emotions. Don't get me wrong, APR and QDM issues to often rub me the wrong way (but are not a matter at all for this thread), but when it comes to the heritage of hunting, the education of conservation and resource management, that is something that transcends education levels, faith matters and regional hunting traditions. This is about being honest about taking care of the natural world not because we want to dominate into submission, but because we need to keep it alive and healthy so that we don't lose an important part of what makes us human beings. No amount of perservation and high technology can improve upon working with nature and natural means to conserve all species to the best that we can.

Animal rights activists miss the mark on the natural world. They try to anthropomorphise it and put animals on the same level as we are. It is only our intelligence and technology that make us superior in a limited sense. Animals generally have better reflexes, speed, stamina, armament and senses than we do. It is also a humbling moment to know that even with a more complex brain and technology that nature can still outwit us.

Hunting for me is staying in touch with my most base natural instincts and knowing that I cannot escape natural laws. Humans are not superior beings, though we do often have the dominant role in most environments. I have no illusions about the wild. It is both a beautiful yet sadistic mistress. She can support you when you work with her and she can take your life if you show disrespect toward her and fail to heed her warnings.

I will keep this short and say thank you for appreciating my words. I prefer to use them rather than give in to baser emotions. Besides, we all have our gifts that help support the future of hunting. [:D]

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

saoirseglen,
Awesome, awesome response to CCT.  Well worth the read brother!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Caroline CT

Postby Caroline CT » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 pm

I see lots of "atta boys" in here since I left. Guess you all need to convince your selves that killing innocent animals for recreation is "ok" and that God is about pain and suffering.

Anyway this is the forum I am usually at so come join us.  At least there are both  anti  and pro-killing people.Image

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/opinion/TCH7UNUUJ3I2OJ6KO/p3555#lastPost

See ya there or be square Imagehahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Caroline CT

Caroline CT

Postby Caroline CT » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:32 pm

ORIGINAL: Caroline CT

I see lots of "atta boys" in here since I left. Guess you all need to convince your selves that killing innocent animals for recreation is "ok" and that God is about pain and suffering.

Anyway this is the forum I am usually at so come join us.  At least there are both  anti  and pro-killing people.Image

Remember fellas,  man is an herbivore/frugivore. The "eyes in front" is because we all swung from tree to trees at one time.

saoirseglen

Postby saoirseglen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Remember fellas,  man is an herbivore/frugivore. The "eyes in front" is because we all swung from tree to trees at one time.

Speaking as an anthropology major, primates need stereo vision to judge depth to a greater degree because of how they move through their environment to judge distance while moving in trees, but also to hunt for food such as fruit, but also insects, lizards and other mammals.. Predators need stereo vision so that they can better judge distances while hunting prey. Chimpanzees, as a species, are confirmed as omnivores which even eat members of their own species. Baboons are also predators with stereo vision just like lions, tigers, bears, coyotes and raccoons. I am also a natural born predator. Deny all you like Caroline CT, but you are lying to yourself about your genetic heritage.

By the way, why are you still alive? You do realize that just by living in human society you are killing more animals to keep yourself alive, even as a vegetarian, than if you walked out into the wilderness and committed suicide so that you could feed all those hungry predators and scavengers that you profess to care about. You also contribute to the problem of car-deer accidents by feeding those deer on your property and also cause future problems of higher deer densities in densely packed human inhabited areas. Thus you are also by your own hand killing animals with your kindness. You may not eat them, but you are to blame for their deaths just the same. You are hypocritical because you desire to cause more problems and kill more animals out of your misplaced sense of ethics, along with your animal rights extremists, than hunters do.

By the way, I am a carnivore biased omnivore who is a natural born killer in tune with his basic instincts. Nothing you do will prevent that. Just like my ancestors such as the Australopithecus afarensis, Australopithecus africanus, Homo habilis, Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, Homo rudolfensis, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo neanderthalensis and finally the earliest Homo sapiens, I too am an omnivore. Just like my Celtic and Germanic ancestors, I too am a hunter. It is who I am. I am also a conservationist who improves habitat for all wildlife. I also kill the sick and the weak to prevent the spread of disease and kill excess population to keep the levels within carrying capacity, reduce car-wildlife collisions and protect my lifestock from depredation though I do not kill every predator I see. I actively help nature keep a balance rather than waste time and money with plans such as distributing birth control and population relocation.

You will not change the minds of hunters here, though you can count on me to keep hammering away at you until you get a clue that stupid (because you do not wish to learn and be enlightened otherwise you might rate as only ignorant but teachable) animal rights extremists such as yourself only make yourselves greater targets for ridicule by posting your messages here. I have read PETA and other animal rights extremist boards. They talk about shooting at hunters, attacking hunters, poisoning hunters, running hunters off the road, burning down hunters homes, stealing hunters dogs and having them fixed and more. The only compromise I might make regarding hunting animals might be if all animal rights activists promised to be hunted by hunters in the place of animals. The carcases of the culled animal rights activists in society would then be distributed in the wild to feed the poor starving predator and scavenger species that have been displaced by the theft of resources and population to environment overshoot created by the unrestricted birthing of animal rights activists.

If you feel offended, good. You have been asked repeatedly to leave and not come back. You have promised to leave if asked, yet you keep coming back. If you keep coming back then I guess you enjoy being offended and I assure you I can be even more blunt and brutal. Keep twisting facts and bleating one emotional post after another and you will keep getting more hammering. I hammer you because you do not come here to learn, rather to attack people for not following your propaganda and thinking your posts will change minds.

I know the facts about hunting because I am out in the timber looking at the habitat, watching the animals and making notes of health and species diversity. My wife is a biology major with experience in caring for diverse wildlife populations. I know what I am talking about because I have experience and knowledge resources with hands on wisdom to pull from. I also know how to evaluate and examine scientific papers and studies to see what the real conclusions and applicability is for the findings. So far your "evidence" that supports your position is nothing but chaff and propaganda pieces and poorly selected studies upon which to support your position.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:39 am

"atta boy" saoirseglen[;)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 am

ATTA BOY
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

saoirseglen

Postby saoirseglen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

"atta boy" saoirseglen[;)]

I should still be civil though. We want to encourage people to learn and not scare them away with strongly worded posts. Then again Caroline CT would be an exception. Lest someone think wrongly, she has a right to her view. She just picked the wrong place to express it, somewhat akin to a hunter or angler or meat eater posting to a PETA or animal rights activist board. She also rubs me the wrong way with intentional stupidity and a clear lack of desire to learn. I can handle ignorance and can counter with teaching to remedy it, but she has no desire for learning on this issue.

It also annoys me to no end to have someone twist scientific information to serve an agenda rather than look at it, evaluate it and test it for validity.

I really am not that bad of a person face to face. Just certain people seem to annoy me beyond what I can handle on a regular basis. [8D]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:27 am

atta boy" saoirseglen !  [:)]...[:)]
Semper Fi !

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 pm

When did you leave? I'm STILL reading your uneducated banter. Your time would be better served going after Wisconsin snowmobilers mentioned in another thread.

BTW, atta boy saoirseglen!

Dave M.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News