Optimism From The Brady Campaign

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

Optimism From The Brady Campaign

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 am

An e-mail from the Brday Campaign....Here we go folks.....

Moving Day Has Finally Arrived!

Dear ________,

Finally! Celebrate NRA-Moving-Out Day with a Donation Our day has come at last. The NRA and the gun lobby have been forced to close up their "office in the White House."

This is truly the time for your Brady Campaign and for common sense gun laws.

Thanks to you, we're making a new start in Washington.

Click here to help launch our aggressive legislative initiatives at the outset of this critical year!

This is the moment: President Obama and Vice President Biden are long-time champions of common sense gun laws - and more than 91 percent of Brady-endorsed candidates won a seat in the 111th Congress!

Jim and I have high hopes for our renewed and reinvigorated efforts to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people.

Donate to the Brady Campaign today. Your donation now will support our 2009 legislative agenda:

* Extending Brady background checks, including closing the gun show loophole;
* Renewing and strengthening the federal assault weapons ban; and

* Giving law enforcement the tools they need to stop illegal gun trafficking.

Our legislative goals are achievable. In fact, the Obama transition website says:

"Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

And we've already been to Capitol Hill to welcome back allies and meet new members of Congress. Just a few days ago, more than ten Brady Campaign staff members were at the Capitol and talked with more than 50 of our Senators and Representatives - including Vice President Biden.

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

69Viking

RE: Optimism From The Brady Campaign

Postby 69Viking » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:13 am

Hmm, I just passed by a TV at work showing the Obama Inauguration and the two things I thought about is what is in store for our economy and then what is in store for gun owners???  Time will tell and I can't say I'm a little worried about both.

JOEL

RE: Optimism From The Brady Campaign

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:21 am

join the NRA and keep the pressure on your elected  officials
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to Breaking News