Ohio Poachers Convicted of 105 Wildlife Violations

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
buckhunter21

RE: Ohio Poachers Convicted of 105 Wildlife Violations

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Man that's ridiculous...Put them in a cell and throw away the key as far as I'm concerned!
QDM!

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:30 pm

What a crock of ...... !!!!!   This is not a guy taking an illegal doe because he needs to feed his family,  this is a straight rape of these animals.  Not to mention the tap on the bottom for punishments, truly disgusting.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

coach

Postby coach » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm

some places you don't need to have the animal tag once you bring it to the taxidermist.
Certain areas, or I should say....in Ontario Canada...you shoot a deer ...you don't have to bring the
buck tagged.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

ORIGINAL: drdaven

I don't know all about this story, but did they nail the taxidermist also?  Geez...look at all the mounts.  It's my understanding that most of these deer were not tagged.  If they didn't nail the taxidermist that did all these mounts without the proper identification (ie. tags).  Then they certainly should!

I might be getting my "caught poacher" stories confused but I believe non hunting family members were tagging in deer and deer being shot at night were being tagged in as legal daytime kills, I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I might be getting it confused with other arrest I've read about.

It's to bad they were all killed before the new trophy law was in place otherwise they'd have to pay extra for anything over 125 inches.  Check out this link it explains how the formula for the fine.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/News/NewsReleaseArchives/tabid/19075/EntryID/802/Default.aspx
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Previous

Return to Breaking News