Virginia County Bans Rifles for Deer Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
schlupis

RE: Virginia County Bans Rifles for Deer Hunting

Postby schlupis » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Wisconsin has both rifle and shotgun hunting this year I only heard of accidents in the shotgun areas. should we change the shotgun areas to pistol only now. IMPO it is just dumb to outlaw rifles, especially with how far todays modern slug guns can shoot. Just one more way to overregulate hunting and firearms. Pretty soon people are going to say that killing a deer with a rifle is not fair chase. This whole thing sucks.

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am

Every year I go to a family (wife's family) farm in Virginia to hunt. The 1st year I went I read up on the regulations & rules for where I was hunting. As per the law I only took my slug gun due to the rifle ban. I was just about laughed out of the place when they found that I left my rifle(s) at home. "Don't let them tell you what you can & cannot use" is what I was told. The next year they allowed rifles in the area. Seems they change just like the weather down there-[:D]

bubbalp

Postby bubbalp » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 am

Sad times for Va hunter, we've had four hunters to leave us this season. And some counties don't want to add more hunters killed. I teach hunter Ed. and we can stress SAFETY all day long but when a deer runs by people forget any thing but pull the trigger. They are not taking time to check their target and safety goes out the window. Check when and where and i'll bet thwy were DOG hunting. That is what they need to outlaw next. Not many still hunters shot a person. They Look...Bubbalp

saoirseglen

Postby saoirseglen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:42 am

Given today's technology, most shotguns and muzzleloaders have just about the same effective distance for most hunting (200 to 250 yards) as centerfire rifles. To me this seems like control freaks out to push an agenda when there is no evidence to support the proposition.

Previous

Return to Breaking News