PETA's First Demand Of Obama

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

PETA's First Demand Of Obama

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 am

This is from the U.S.Sportsmen's Alliance. We'll see what kind of response it gets from Barry O...............

PETA Asks Obama Admin to Create New "Food Council"
12/30/08

In an effort to take advantage of a 2008 Pew Commission study critical of agricultural businesses, PETA issued a press release on December 8 calling on President-elect Obama to create a National Food Policy Council. In the release, PETA accosts the industry and states that unsafe food has led to "obese children, environmental pollution and degradation, antibiotic resistance, cruelty to animals, and more."

The proposed National Food Policy Council would focus on new regulations concerning food safety and would supposedly "reduce waste, protect human health and the environment, reduce animal suffering and global poverty, and save money," according to PETA Vice President for Policy and Government Affairs Bruce Friedrich. Of course, the council could launch attacks not only on major agri-businesses, but on hunters and others other sportsmen that consume meat taken from the field.

****This is especially concerning given the recent controversy in several states surrounding the use of lead ammunition to harvest venison for food shelter programs.****

Currently, there is no word from the President- elect's team on how they are viewing PETA's proposal.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

RE: PETA's First Demand Of Obama

Postby Sailfish » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:43 am

PETA
[:(][:@][:'(]

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:11 pm

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Always been a favorite translation of mine [:D]

man are they annoying! lol.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Actually, if I am not mistaken, I believe he has already started on this.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Some people are ignorant. Any idea how they plan to "reduce waste" ? The reason for obese children is letting them eat junk and fast food all the time and play video games for 14 hours a day. Get them outdoors and into hunting and fishing! (I honestly dont think I have ever met someone who doesnt like to catch a fish after they have caught one)
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

little_deer_aaron

Postby little_deer_aaron » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:58 pm

agreed PETA [:(][:@][:'(]

a few years ago 2 people from Peta were charged with Illeagly Dumping Dead animals. how Ironnic PETA getting busted for an animal related infraction [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Return to Breaking News